Installed new display, pedal assist no longer works

daperlman0614

Local time
4:30 AM
Good day
I have an addmotor hithit h1 bike and I cracked the display. I managed to find a replacement (this part https://www.amazon.com/Display-Control-Electric-Controller-Conversion/dp/B071J36MPL). When connected the display appears to work and pedal assist goes up and down when pressed - however it doesn't provide any power to the motor.

I am wondering what settings I might need to adjust and how to adjust them (the display did not come with any instructions).

Here are specs on the bike:
Back of broken display: KT-ICD3U V3.0 7I 24/36/48
Hub motor: BFSW02 48v 500W (12)

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You have now gained an understanding that things like documentation and instructions are important to have when you install a new display.

This is the programming interface for your controller. You need to make sure it is compatible with your controller before you buy one.

Also, hopefully you have learned to make more of an effort not to crack your display.

Now, when you say your display "appears to work", tell me what evidence you have that there is any communication whatsoever between the controller and the display. My guess is that there is none. The fact that it lights up does not constitute "working".

As for what you can do, other than endeavor to be less ignorant in the future, is look for something like "save settings" or something similar, see if you can interrogate the controller in any way, and see if you can get a throttle to work.

Thanks all for the advice (even if some of you exhibit anti social behavior) :) .
I was able to resolve the issue by reprogramming C1 - to 7. I believe this means it thought PAS was on the wrong side... and this setting allows for correcting that. I am not sure I am done tweaking it.... but PAS now works.

This video is probably the thing I found most helpful
maybe it can help someone else.

Happy trails

I guess my only question at this point.... is there any way to retrieve the parameters off of my old display - in order to more smoothly tune the PAS settings?

I guess my only question at this point.... is there any way to retrieve the parameters off of my old display - in order to more smoothly tune the PAS settings?
Not as far as i know unless you can get the stock settings from the ebike maker?

Always write down or take pics of the original/good settings you had before changing any settings....just sayin mate..

it's good practice to fo sho write that stuff down or take pics, then commence with the changes ;)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Not as far as i know unless you can get the stock settings from the ebike maker?

Always write down or take pics of the original/good settings you had before changing any settings....just sayin mate..

it's good practice to fo sho write that stuff down or take pics, then commence with the changes ;)

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
Thanks if I had to give the most important thing I learned here it would be this. Even when you buy a bike that is tuned and setup for you - dive into advanced settings and create a digital record of them.

The other thing I would tell people is don’t lose hope and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Learned that during remodel of my home. People will tell you that you are screwed but anything can be repaired- it is just a question of time and money.

If you have THIS bike(Addmotor hithot h1 sport) and find yourself in the same situation:
I eventually got this thing purring by setting c1 to 1 (odd since this motor has 12 magnets) and P1 to 33 (saw this suggestion here based on wattage).

So how is it runnin now?
These things are strange sometimes, that's for sure. You'll learn alot and enjoy yourself mate :)

Ride Safe Mate! :cool:

HP

So how is it runnin now?
These things are strange sometimes, that's for sure. You'll learn alot and enjoy yourself mate :)

Ride Safe Mate! :cool:

HP
Running basically like before the issue. The only remaining prob… head light doesn’t work. After poking around I must have shorted the wire or broken the hardware in the headlight. This is no big deal though

Thanks all for the advice (even if some of you exhibit anti social behavior) :) .
I was able to resolve the issue by reprogramming C1 - to 7. I believe this means it thought PAS was on the wrong side... and this setting allows for correcting that. I am not sure I am done tweaking it.... but PAS now works.

This video is probably the thing I found most helpful
maybe it can help someone else.

Happy trails
I deffinatley agree some on here have cornered the market on anti social behavior just because they know more than some on ebikes . Well i know more than some on a lo of issues but im not an ass hole about it. Sorry i had to comment ive seen so much of it on here. Happy trails bud.

Back