In the market for a new e-bike, suggestions please.

Hello everyone,

After owning my Pedego Ridge Rider for a few years, I am looking to upgrade my bike in terms of power, range, and maybe go full suspension.
My current setup has the following

Pedego Ridge Rider with 48V 14AH battery
500 watt rear hub motor
Bright eyes 1800 lumen bike light
Kinekt suspension seat post
extra battery carried in pannier bag which consists of a 48 11ah battery
two pannier bags
Ortlieb cooler on rear rack

On flat ground at a steady pace of 11 to 13 MPH I can go about 70 miles using both batteries, and both batteries equal about 1200 watt hours.

I normally ride on streets, beach paths, and mountains, pretty much a mix of all three, and I love this bike for it, and would like something for more mountain biking. So I would want something similar with panniers, cooler, light, etc. What I'm looking to have besides all that is:

1000 watt minimum hub motor, or at least 90 NM of torque mid drive
1200 or more Wat Hours without having to carry a spare unattached battery
Full suspension (not a must)
Front suspension is a must
local brand store support, like my Pedego which has amazing support.

I'm willing to swap over all after market parts to the new bike, seat, light, etc.

For example here are two dream bikes similar to what I want, but I don't want to spend what they cost.

https://www.r-m.de/en-us/bikes/supercharger/ close to $8000 without any upgrades

https://optibike.com/r22-everest/ My dream bike but close to $20,000

What I actually do want to spend is close to $5,000.

I am 6'3 200 pounds.

What I would love is suggestions from you all for bikes I may be missing in my search. Thank you!

View attachment 3445View attachment 3444
Ariel Grizzly

Hello everyone,

After owning my Pedego Ridge Rider for a few years, I am looking to upgrade my bike in terms of power, range, and maybe go full suspension.
My current setup has the following

Pedego Ridge Rider with 48V 14AH battery
500 watt rear hub motor
Bright eyes 1800 lumen bike light
Kinekt suspension seat post
extra battery carried in pannier bag which consists of a 48 11ah battery
two pannier bags
Ortlieb cooler on rear rack

On flat ground at a steady pace of 11 to 13 MPH I can go about 70 miles using both batteries, and both batteries equal about 1200 watt hours.

I normally ride on streets, beach paths, and mountains, pretty much a mix of all three, and I love this bike for it, and would like something for more mountain biking. So I would want something similar with panniers, cooler, light, etc. What I'm looking to have besides all that is:

1000 watt minimum hub motor, or at least 90 NM of torque mid drive
1200 or more Wat Hours without having to carry a spare unattached battery
Full suspension (not a must)
Front suspension is a must
local brand store support, like my Pedego which has amazing support.

I'm willing to swap over all after market parts to the new bike, seat, light, etc.

For example here are two dream bikes similar to what I want, but I don't want to spend what they cost.

https://www.r-m.de/en-us/bikes/supercharger/ close to $8000 without any upgrades

https://optibike.com/r22-everest/ My dream bike but close to $20,000

What I actually do want to spend is close to $5,000.

I am 6'3 200 pounds.

What I would love is suggestions from you all for bikes I may be missing in my search. Thank you!

View attachment 3445View attachment 3444
https://www.haibike.com/de/en. I can't find the post but apparently Haibike has some good deals right now. I think it had something to do with Dicks Sporting Goods going under or something idk

Not you OP. Sorry didn't notice til I already posted
If you meant me I'm not one of the dbags that your talking about. Ask the admin. We both agreed about the post I was referring to there. About a deleted account and was acting like typical trash by going off on new poster in our group.

Well I can vouch for @Vaf513 speaking of "Deleted member 4845"
Now sometimes Deleted member 4845 was a real DB at times.

I'm sure that @Vaf513 meant no harm.

I appreciate the support. I was actually trying to support the new user by stating that the deleted users behavior didn't belong here.

If you meant me I'm not one of the dbags that your talking about. Ask the admin. We both agreed about the post I was referring to there. About a deleted account and was acting like typical trash by going off on new poster in our group.
No not you! Sorry I meant the deleted user

I've been so impressed with the members on this forum I was mortified when I noticed you thought I was referring to you but, unlike alot of other similar forums, you handled the situation with class instead of attacking me. Thanks for that

I hope Deleted Member 4845 was not deleted for the type of posts he made on this thread. He gave a lot of good information and his real world experience, though may have inadvertently stepped on a few toes while doing so. Sometimes people come across through the printed word a bit more rough than if you were speaking with them face to face. And he is likely the person you would appreciate having with you if you were biking together and your bike broke down. Good chance he could figure out an expedient repair.

I hope Deleted Member 4845 was not deleted for the type of posts he made on this thread. He gave a lot of good information and his real world experience, though may have inadvertently stepped on a few toes while doing so. Sometimes people come across through the printed word a bit more rough than if you were speaking with them face to face. And he is likely the person you would appreciate having with you if you were biking together and your bike broke down. Good chance he could figure out an expedient repair.
Do you work for Rad? I'm not being sarcastic. For all I know both of you do based on your screen name and defending him/her. I agree wholeheartedly that posts don't always translate to the page, that's why I'm asking

If you want something over the top and a lot of bang for your buck. You should look at a Frey. https://www.frey.bike/pages/voyager
Those look like quality Ebikes but way, way out of my price range and they don't make a model I'm interested in. Recently I've been trying to decide between an Ariel Grizzly, also out of my price range, and a Fucare Gemini. Fucare is a brand I'd never heard of until last week but love the frames

I don't know who you are referring to when asking if I work for Rad. In any case, the answer is no, but R.A.D. are my initials. I wrote what I did since I think its good to give people a fair shake, and not get too wound up in personality conflicts.

Ok.
Deleted user got quite a few chances and more than his fair share of fair shakes....on many platforms.
It decided to go the route it did....so now it is a deleted user.

Let's let the past stay in the past ;)

Let's not wreck this persons thread.
If ya's want to talk about Deleted User then open another thread and we'll talk about it there.

Lets let the past stay where it is and move forward with the Future :cool:

Back