I'm Steph. I live in the woods in WI. Here's my ride.

Steph

Local time
11:32 AM
IMG_8782.JPG
1660423336564.jpegIMG_8786.JPGIMG_8784.JPG

Hey, wild lookin bike what are the specs?

Welcome to our little corner of the internet :)

LOL. Very cool.
Like the Minotaur on the side.

Better hope you don’t come across somebody riding a Theseus bike. :D

Pretty cool lookin bike. I Love all the cargo space. I might cut up and refigure the frame a bit to fit a bigger battery though, for my likes.

Ya live in the woods? Streams or ponds nearby with fish? Ya ride in the winter too?
oh boy i have alot of questions so i'll be quiet for a while :)

Does that fairing work or just for looks?
BOTH! Actually it is amazing how much difference a fairing makes. It made the bike 4 mph faster pedalling or under throttle. Above 10 mph, most of your energy is used to push air out of the way. At 30mph, it is 90%. Imagine if you held an extended umbrella behind you, how much drag it would create. Your body, slightly inclined forward with your arms spread does the same thing. But turn that umbrella around... Also keeps one warmer on cool days, bucks aheadwind, catches a tailwind... I have them on 3 of my bikes.

Pretty cool lookin bike. I Love all the cargo space. I might cut up and refigure the frame a bit to fit a bigger battery though, for my likes.

Ya live in the woods? Streams or ponds nearby with fish? Ya ride in the winter too?
Thanks.
The Sugar River is in the backyard.
I ride year-round, but shorter trips when it is c-c-cold. I rode when it was -30F, just to say I did.

The battery is 48V, 18ah, 864Wh.

I like it! Fairing is a add-on I don't think I have seen before. What did you make it out of?
One can purchase mounts on eBay, and this fairing is 'acrylic polyvinyl chloride thermoplastic' (Kydex). Great stuff, easy to work with, and can be molded with heat from an oven or heat gun. It is also what the side and center panels are made of, the 'bull hoof' toeclips, the glove compartment behind the seat, and assorted fixtures like the dashboard, and clip for the rear light. I have also made fairings from lexan, when I wanted a clear windscreen.

One can purchase mounts on eBay, and this fairing is 'acrylic polyvinyl chloride thermoplastic' (Kydex). Great stuff, easy to work with, and can be molded with heat from an oven or heat gun. It is also what the side and center panels are made of, the 'bull hoof' toeclips, the glove compartment behind the seat, and assorted fixtures like the dashboard, and clip for the rear light. I have also made fairings from lexan, when I wanted a clear windscreen.
Yes I believe I have used Kydex before. There are so many wonderful products out there for DIY projects. I'll have to check eBay I never thought of adding a fairing before seeing yours.

Yes I believe I have used Kydex before. There are so many wonderful products out there for DIY projects. I'll have to check eBay I never thought of adding a fairing before seeing yours.
There are also commercial bike fairings. I had a Zipper fairing (zzipper.com) on my touring bike that I loved. A bit pricey, but I thnk I spent as much trial-and-error engineering this one. Try it. You'll never go back. I don't know why all bikes don't have 'em.

Hey, wild lookin bike what are the specs?

Welcome to our little corner of the internet :)
Specs? Hmmm... It started life as a Magnum Payload, but a bull came to me in a dream and said, "Let's invalidate your warranty!"
So I've changed out... Lots. It has Shimano Deore Mech, and is an 8-speed trying to be a 10-speed if can ever find a 10-speed cassette.
Lemmie know if you want more specifics.

I'm trying to figure out with my device's screenshot to find out what kind saddle is on that Ridiculous bike. Aye @Steph what is it?
Looks like moonshine ebike to me.
Ridiculous, eh? Moonshine, eh? YEP! :D

I have always loved Brooks saddles, and had them on all my bikes. Some years ago I was building a replica antique bike and bought a vintage "hairpin" saddle, like they had on the penny-farthings and early safety bicycles in the late 1800s. As I renovated it, I decided to rivet the leather from a Brooks Saddle on the vintage hardware. Lo- I discovered the most comfortable saddle I have ever used!

Here's a pic from another ridiculous bike of mine to show detail. The cylindrical leather toolbox in the rear springs is traditional.saddle.png

Back