I'm New Here

James_Biker

Local time
7:58 AM
Hello, I am not new to eBikes but I would like to introduce myself. A couple years ago I wanted to try an ebike so I went to Long Beach (CA) because they have Wheels of Fun which is a chain of bike and paddle boat rentals in various places. They started having eBikes so I was able to rent one. I went with my girlfriend and they had just some converted eBikes made from Raleigh bikes. They were so so. I didn't know much about eBikes then so it was okay. A few months later they got much better bikes. They got a whole fleet of RadPower bikes. I enjoyed myself. Did a lot of research and saw videos on YouTube and learned a lot. Did web searches and learned a lot. Johnny Nerdout was very helpful with his vids. I eventually settled on Bafang middrive BBS02. Rather than type a lot about the bike I will do a post in the other eBike forum and detail it.

I never joined any eBike forums before, this is the first.

Thanks,

James

pics would be nice...
Here is a picture of it. Also I started a thread on the bike and will add more info and pics of it when I complete the Tongsheng conversion of the bike.

Link of other thread -

IMG_20220721_115429116_HDR.jpg

Thank you Jerry.

Yes that park is in Alhambra, CA. You are up in Washington but have you been to this park?
Yep....many times. Grew up in Alhambra......went to AHS.......played two years of semi pro basketball in the Almansor gym back in the early 70s......played tennis on the Almansor courts......many rounds of golf on the Almansor golf course......great memories!(y)(y)

Yep....many times. Grew up in Alhambra......went to AHS.......played two years of semi pro basketball in the Almansor gym back in the early 70s......played tennis on the Almansor courts......many rounds of golf on the Almansor golf course......great memories!(y)(y)
I graduated AHS in 1985. We may have had some of the same teachers. I take it you graduated about 1970 or so. Some of the teachers when I was there had taught there since the 60s or even 50s. Coach Williams coached football and wrestling but also taught World History which he was my teacher. Maybe you knew of him.

I also have played tennis at Almansor hundreds of times but I play at various parks, not just there.

I graduated AHS in 1985. We may have had some of the same teachers. I take it you graduated about 1970 or so. Some of the teachers when I was there had taught there since the 60s or even 50s. Coach Williams coached football and wrestling but also taught World History which he was my teacher. Maybe you knew of him.

I also have played tennis at Almansor hundreds of times but I play at various parks, not just there.
I got shoes older than you! LOL! Yep.....71 for me.......back then....I lived in the Granada Park and Almansor Park Gyms.......grew up in the Midwick track........sure has changed alot since those days..........never heard of Williams......Patrick was the football coach and they brought Kemp in my senior year for BB........wow.....a long time ago.

Hello, I am not new to eBikes but I would like to introduce myself. A couple years ago I wanted to try an ebike so I went to Long Beach (CA) because they have Wheels of Fun which is a chain of bike and paddle boat rentals in various places. They started having eBikes so I was able to rent one. I went with my girlfriend and they had just some converted eBikes made from Raleigh bikes. They were so so. I didn't know much about eBikes then so it was okay. A few months later they got much better bikes. They got a whole fleet of RadPower bikes. I enjoyed myself. Did a lot of research and saw videos on YouTube and learned a lot. Did web searches and learned a lot. Johnny Nerdout was very helpful with his vids. I eventually settled on Bafang middrive BBS02. Rather than type a lot about the bike I will do a post in the other eBike forum and detail it.

I never joined any eBike forums before, this is the first.

Thanks,

James
Welcome sounds like you did a fine job of researching before buying. I agree Johnny is a great source of info.

Back