I'm new and need some questions answered

Kenbad

Local time
12:04 AM
I was wondering if I could get an answer here since I haven’t been able to find an answer anywhere else I have a kit which has a controller that is a thousand Watts 60 volts and goes up to 32 amps I have a battery that’s 48 volts a thousand watts and a motor that’s 48 volts a thousand Watts and I was wondering if this controller can work with my battery and hub motor if anybody can answer this question I would appreciate it very much thank you

I was wondering if I could get an answer here since I haven’t been able to find an answer anywhere else I have a kit which has a controller that is a thousand Watts 60 volts and goes up to 32 amps I have a battery that’s 48 volts a thousand watts and a motor that’s 48 volts a thousand Watts and I was wondering if this controller can work with my battery and hub motor if anybody can answer this question I would appreciate it very much thank you
OK lets start dissect what you have written.

First a 60v Controller than can output 32 amps would produce 1920 watts maximum. This means it can handle your 48v battery just fine. However, batteries are typically rated by volts and Amp Hours. Those two numbers can help you calculate the total watts hours your battery can provide your motor, i.e. volts x Ah = watt hours. If your battery can only produce 1000 watts as you state that means it can provide 20.83 amps to the motor.

So the answer to your question is yes the combination you have stated will work fine together.

Hello hoggdoc,
Thank you for replying so quickly I appreciate it very much I see that they're are still a few (maybe only one lol) considerate people that will help a guy out thank you very much for your answer I'm happy to know that I don't have to return this controller and the LCD that came with it and I'm glad you answered so quickly since I was getting down to the wire to have to that. Thanks again and have a great time riding.

The reason you did not get more responses likely is that you asked pretty difficult question.
There are not that many members that know as much as Hoggdoc

Yeah I was thinking that anyway it's great to have at least one person that knew and it's also good to know that other people are viewing the questions in case they can answer. Thank you for informing me though.

Actually, I would add that the controller would need to have a programmable Low Voltage Cutoff, otherwise, it will be set for the (much higher) lower limit of a 60V battery, not a 48V battery. It will shut down early, before the battery needs to be turned off to prevent damage.

Actually, I would add that the controller would need to have a programmable Low Voltage Cutoff, otherwise, it will be set for the (much higher) lower limit of a 60V battery, not a 48V battery. It will shut down early, before the battery needs to be turned off to prevent damage.
100% correct Nelson, I totally missed that aspect of using a controller that's rated at a higher voltage than the battery and the motor.

Back