Ideas for an underseat bag for a Rad Mini Step-Thru?

JimInPT

Local time
12:38 PM
Before I wade through many dozens of products out there, can anybody recommend a good underseat bag for the Mini Step-Thru? I'm about to change out the stock seat to a Cloud 9 Cruiser Select for comfort, if that makes any difference. Need something to stay on the bike with patches, pump, tool kit and etc., water-resistance a plus.

Thanks!

Wow, about 130 views and nobody had ideas. Ok, I'll answer my own question.

This one (BV Classic Bike Saddle Bag), even in Large size, fits fine (amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3W8FFM).
It's easy to install under the stock seat, a little tougher when under my replacement Cloud 9 Cruiser Select (barely clears the springs, but it works), but it still fits even with the seatpost within 4" of the bottom, and with both a rear rack and small basket installed. The back side of the bag runs right up to the basket, so you have to loosen the straps for access to the stuff inside, but that makes it a little more secure and harder to steal.

Pretty nice bag, by the way; a Vibrelli pump fits (diagonally) along with a Milton pressure gauge, 4 Gorilla tire levers, Handlebar Jack, Crankbrothers M19 multitool, patch kit etc. - without having to open the expansion pocket at the bottom.

Attachments

• BV bag on Amazon.jpg
    BV bag on Amazon.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Glad you found a good under seat bag that fits the Rad Mini! There's so many different types and sizes of under seat bags. With so many options, it's a bit of a hard question to answer. Don't worry there's no silly questions here, we're all here to learn and share our knowledge!

I have the same bag. Works great!!!

I ended up moving it down to sit on top of the rear fender, strapped to the rear rack structure between the two sideframe bars, after installing a Redshift suspension seatpost - the post movement was rubbing the bag against the rear basket. Added a small stainless-steel carabiner to hold the zipper pulls together and deter easy pilferage.

It is a very nice bag, with plenty of room for my tools and spare parts (I don't carry a tube, but a pump, patches, valve cores etc.)

20210523_114904.jpg

Last edited:
1623524288675.png

I ended up moving it down to sit on top of the rear fender, strapped to the rear rack structure between the two sideframe bars, after installing a Redshift suspension seatpost - the post movement was rubbing the bag against the rear basket. Added a small stainless-steel carabiner to hold the zipper pulls together and deter easy pilferage.

It is a very nice bag, with plenty of room for my tools and spare parts (I don't carry a tube, but a pump, patches, valve cores etc.)

View attachment 1886

Nice idea, I've seen a picture of your bike before and noticed the bag and wonder where to get one, now I know, thanks.

Nice idea, I've seen a picture of your bike before and noticed the bag and wonder where to get one, now I know, thanks.

You're welcome. Several months later, I still like this bag a lot for the MiniST. Haven't had to access the contents much, and never for a repair in the field (other than once when I pulled out the pump to help a stranded lady with a small tire leak to limp back to her car), but I think it'll be just fine.

Back