I need help on how to pull Derailleur protector down

Steadyone

Local time
10:45 AM
Hi I bought a new VIVI Ebike it says to pull the rear protector Derailleur but the picture is soooo small I cannot see how to do it. I could not even find a video on Youtube on how to do it. Can someone please help with this I would sooo appreciate it.

Thanks

Take a picture of what you have and post it. Also send the small picture you have, you can zoom in on this on a PC.

I am assuming you just got this out of a shipping box and this is something it was packed in, correct?

Hi Yes the tag that says to pull out the protector was on the bike when packaged. I will put pictures of the tag that says to pull it out and then the instructions. Also where the tag was on the bike and the actual area it is talking about. Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 168
This is a crash protector meant to stay on the bike. Instructions are not really clear but it would appear to just pull horizontally directly away from the bike, IOW, from the pov of IMG_1460, pull it straight towards you. It just has to come out far enough to barely clear the derailleur.

It is so hard to pull it. It is really on there. So not sure how that will done .

It may only move a very small amount, just to clear the derailleur. It does look like the instructions continue on another page or the back of the tag. Check behind the frame mount for the protector for nuts that may need to be loosened a bit, then re-tightened.

Have never used such a protector, but have seen similar items, generally for off-road use. It is not required for normal operation and can be permanently removed, but may be of some benefit. It does say that it just needs to be not touching the derailleur.

嗨,我买了一辆新的 VIVI Ebike,上面说要拉后保护器变速器,但图片太小了,我看不出怎么做。我什至无法在 Youtube 上找到有关如何操作的视频。有人可以帮忙吗,我会很感激的。

Hi I bought a new VIVI Ebike it says to pull the rear protector Derailleur but the picture is soooo small I cannot see how to do it. I could not even find a video on Youtube on how to do it. Can someone please help with this I would sooo appreciate it.

Thanks
Your supplier didn't tell you:the set need to be dismantled with tools before your ride.

He read the rest of the instructions on the back of the tag and likely solved the problem.

These protectors are more common, and more useful, on off-road bikes.

Thanks
3 teps written in the picture.
note:take off the rubber cover by your finger,or use a oblate screw driver.

Attachments

• O][ERF~RUQXJ3%{@G5IH~~E.png
    O][ERF~RUQXJ3%{@G5IH~~E.png
    969.1 KB · Views: 156
Ok I took the plastic black screw cover off now is the protector the metal black frame over the derailleur? Sorry so new to this.

The U-shaped tubular metal bar that is attached only to the frame of the bike and has no cables or chains attached.

If you simply move it so it is not touching the derailleur, it will act as a protective guard against impact damage and will do no harm if it is no longer touching and allows the shifter to move freely.

Or you can take it all the way off and toss it. No harm.

Hi,
When they say "move it", they really mean "bend it". First get the rear wheel off the ground and try shifting through all the gears (with the wheel turning). If you get all the gears, then it is fine. If the "U" bar prevents the shifter from coming far enough out from the bike, and the chain will not get on the smallest gear, then you have to bend the "U" to allow clearance. Best bet is a large pliers, or an adjustable wrench. Or use a screwdriver or other flat lever to pry the bottom of the "U" away from the bike. Just a little, enough to let the shifter go into the smallest gear.
What is really for it to protect the derailleur if the bike falls over. Good Luck. I think you will really enjoy the ebike experience .

Derailleur guards are ideal for protecting the mechanics from low-impact lateral falls and impact from the side, but not entirely. It’s still possible for the derailleur to be hit by a branch or rock under the low pulley or the derailleur’s cage. You can omit it if not needed.

Back