I need all hands on deck for guidance!

Slomo6789

Local time
2:20 AM
Hi all! I will boast about my new Trek Powerfly 5 and post pics of it but right now I need your help and guidance by recommending a model of ebike for my husband who is 64 years of age, 6'5" and 240lbs. He rides a regular road bike but he has bad knees and wants an e-bike that will do the following: 1. have enough power to get him up hills, 2. potentially wants a hybrid that will do some easy mountain trails and also be a touring bike that he can buzz around the town or on a paved bike path. We have done a ton of research and we are at a standstill as to what bike to buy. His budget is around $5,000. I feel like the Powerfly is geared much more to mountain trails and much less to normal bike paths but I do realize it can do both. Can anyone throw out any questions or ideas for us? Much appreciated and I'm so excited to be a part of this community! I love my Trek e-bike, it's really fun!

Hi Slomo,

Check out this thread from Sytech, He is the same age as your husband and just purchased a 2019 Raleigh Kodak IE Pro (last years model for $3000).

What do you think @Sytech , would your2019 Raleigh Kodak IE Pro ebike suit someone who is 6'5" and 240lbs?

That's awesome @Sytech, thank you! I love his write up, it's so detailed. I'm all over it, thanks again!
Hi Slomo,

Check out this thread from Sytech, He is the same age as your husband and just purchased a 2019 Raleigh Kodak IE Pro (last years model for $3000).

What do you think @Sytech , would your2019 Raleigh Kodak IE Pro ebike suit someone who is 6'5" and 240lbs?
I bought a Large framed model, and I kinda wish I had gone with an XL frame instead.

At 6’0”, I fit comfortably on the bike (after adjusting the seat up for proper knee bend and then sliding it back as far as it will go), but the stem head seems a little low with the seat being raised to the proper height.

At 6’5”, on an XL Frame, I bet it will work just fine.

I have not done any serious mountain trail rides so I cannot comment on the length of the crank arms or pedal strike, but for the type of riding that I bought it for, and with the Speedbox 3.0 installed, it has been 510 miles of pedaling enjoyment.

Happy shopping

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Back