I hope I could have a friendly communication with ebike lovers here

Allen

Local time
4:15 AM
As I am new here, I think it is necessary for me to introduce myself. I am Henry and love eBikes as you guys do. I used to purchase a rad power one but broken, and I want to pick up new one recently. Do you guys have some recommendations?

Well, I could recommend one that ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT do what you want to do with it, but CERTAINLY would meet someone else's wants and needs, OR, I could do it the other way around.

Which would you prefer?

What I would like, is for fewer people to ask stupid questions.

There are LOTS of different ebikes, with LOTS of different capabilities.

Maybe you think an electric unicycle would serve the OP's needs? Or an electric Penny Farthing?

If he thought he wanted one, would YOU be able to tell him it was an incredibly stupid idea, not practical AT ALL unless you want to be a circus sideshow performer? NO, you would tell him if it makes him feel good, then it is a WONDERFUL idea. Just so he thinks you are nice.

GET THE BLUE ONE. Everyone knows they are the best.

There are off-road bikes, on-road bikes, bikes that can do both, bikes that carry cargo, bikes that go fast, bikes that go far, bikes that fold, bikes that are lightweight, bikes that do ONE of these things very well, bikes that do TWO of these things relatively OK, NONE that do EVERYTHING, so the user actually has to make a decision what they WANT, what they NEED, and what they HAVE TO HAVE. Then, AFTER THAT, would be the time to explain clearly, WHAT THEY WANT THE BIKE TO DO FOR THEM, and ask for recommendations.

Without that prerequisite, the "recommendations" are a useless, worthless, frustating waste of time, effort, and energy. Which also results in people getting the WRONG bike, not being happy, and eventually coming to the realization that those "nice" people who told him the electric unicycle was a wonderful idea were total dumbasses.

It's kinda similar to a front-motor guy who has spun the axle and now has a fork that is a potential deathtrap being told to just put some torque arms on it and he would be just fine, not giving a crap about the potential danger, but telling him what he wants to hear, just so they can be seen as "nice". It is NOT NICE. It is EVIL, it is CRUEL, it is INHUMAN, and if it takes a vicious, uncaring SOB to keep that menace to society off the road, and save that poor ignorant fool from serious injury, then I am up for it.

Toodles.

What I would like, is for fewer people to ask stupid questions.

There are LOTS of different ebikes, with LOTS of different capabilities.

Maybe you think an electric unicycle would serve the OP's needs? Or an electric Penny Farthing?

If he thought he wanted one, would YOU be able to tell him it was an incredibly stupid idea, not practical AT ALL unless you want to be a circus sideshow performer? NO, you would tell him if it makes him feel good, then it is a WONDERFUL idea. Just so he thinks you are nice.

GET THE BLUE ONE. Everyone knows they are the best.

There are off-road bikes, on-road bikes, bikes that can do both, bikes that carry cargo, bikes that go fast, bikes that go far, bikes that fold, bikes that are lightweight, bikes that do ONE of these things very well, bikes that do TWO of these things relatively OK, NONE that do EVERYTHING, so the user actually has to make a decision what they WANT, what they NEED, and what they HAVE TO HAVE. Then, AFTER THAT, would be the time to explain clearly, WHAT THEY WANT THE BIKE TO DO FOR THEM, and ask for recommendations.

Without that prerequisite, the "recommendations" are a useless, worthless, frustating waste of time, effort, and energy. Which also results in people getting the WRONG bike, not being happy, and eventually coming to the realization that those "nice" people who told him the electric unicycle was a wonderful idea were total dumbasses.

It's kinda similar to a front-motor guy who has spun the axle and now has a fork that is a potential deathtrap being told to just put some torque arms on it and he would be just fine, not giving a crap about the potential danger, but telling him what he wants to hear, just so they can be seen as "nice". It is NOT NICE. It is EVIL, it is CRUEL, it is INHUMAN, and if it takes a vicious, uncaring SOB to keep that menace to society off the road, and save that poor ignorant fool from serious injury, then I am up for it.

Toodles.
Yur a pretty strange person.

Toodles :cool:

I am of the belief that there are no stupid questions. I may think the answer should be obivious because of my life experiance. The thing is the questioner doesn't have my life experience, lucky them! At any rate, I get the impression that this forum catered to newer users. I am a newer e bike user and this forum seems to be a good fit for me. Perhaps when I attain the level of knowlege and skills of someone like yourself, who knows all there is to know, I will become bored and move on to a place where self agrandisement is the ultimate prize.

It is not a complex issue. He has life experience enough to know there are many different types of ebike.

OP says he wants advice on which ebike to get.

It is ABSURD to give any such advice without some sense of the purpose OP wishes the ebike for.

Also, this particular "new user" has mentioned 3-4 seperate brand names in only two posts. Are you aware that there are ebike companies that pay folks to do just exactly that? Also that such paid advertisers, when questioned about what particular use they want the ebike for, NEVER respond and usually disappear?

I want a TRUCK. Which TRUCK should I buy?

I want a BOAT. Which BOAT should I buy?

How about I mention several brand names that are very new to the market and need their name promoted, and ask others to talk about these brands?

Maybe when a few more people start actually paying attention, they will have the life experience to spot these paid shills for what they are.

Back