I hit a big milestone today!

Snoop

Local time
6:02 AM
67DD4580-95E6-4D4A-82B6-94B9CDA8BCBE.jpeg

I finished assembly on my Aventon, and took my first “maiden voyage” around the block on April 22. Almost exactly 4 months later, I’ve hit my first 1,000 miles!

So I’m pedaling away about 250 miles per month. That will disappear soon as the weather turns (I live in Western NY), but I’m pretty happy. :)

Something cool happened to me as well…..As soon as I took that picture and resumed riding, I saw a big shadow moving to my right. I looked over and it was a full sized eagle launching from the ground. The thing flew straight alongside me at eye level for about 50 yards before ascending. The only thing I was missing was fireworks, LOL.

Wow congrats, it seems the gods are against me getting there. Now I am separated from my e bike by 1100 miles due to a family member needing my help. Hopefully I will have my bike back in the next few weeks as I am having my car shipped with the e bike inside of it.

View attachment 5020

I finished assembly on my Aventon, and took my first “maiden voyage” around the block on April 22. Almost exactly 4 months later, I’ve hit my first 1,000 miles!

So I’m pedaling away about 250 miles per month. That will disappear soon as the weather turns (I live in Western NY), but I’m pretty happy. :)

Something cool happened to me as well…..As soon as I took that picture and resumed riding, I saw a big shadow moving to my right. I looked over and it was a full sized eagle launching from the ground. The thing flew straight alongside me at eye level for about 50 yards before ascending. The only thing I was missing was fireworks, LOL.
Yer a MACHINE!!!!

I hit 1,500 miles yesterday afternoon. So I guess since getting the bike on April 22, I’ve been averaging 300 miles/month! I’m definitely happy about that.

Buying this ebike is one of the best things I’ve bought in a very long time. Between all of the enjoyment I’ve had from riding it, and all of the gas money I’ve saved on my commutes, I feel like I’ve gotten my money‘s worth in just my first half year of ownership.

Sadly, I don’t think I’ll be adding to my odometer much anymore this season. The weather’s been getting nippier, and I’ve largely stopped commuting (except for some Saturdays) due to it being too dark to ride home after work. I’m going to try to hit that 70-80% battery capacity and get the bike ready for winter storage soon.

Spring is right around the corner @Snoop ;)

Plus, you'll prolly go out in the snow and putt around a bit...just be careful mate!!

Yur one of us now!!!! :cool:

Congratulations Snoop. They are so fun. Not just that but the piwer to go up hills is something else. I know I'm hooked big time.
Like you the Winter is close, and it gets painfully cold here. Since I have nerve damage to my fingers and toes from diabetes the extremities hurt bad when cold. I hope to push through it this Winter the best I can.
Let us know when you get to 2k ;-)>
I just went over the 200 mile mark . Hope to catch up to you. Cheers!

Congratulations Snoop. They are so fun. Not just that but the piwer to go up hills is something else. I know I'm hooked big time.
Like you the Winter is close, and it gets painfully cold here. Since I have nerve damage to my fingers and toes from diabetes the extremities hurt bad when cold. I hope to push through it this Winter the best I can.
Let us know when you get to 2k ;-)>
I just went over the 200 mile mark . Hope to catch up to you. Cheers!
once ya get some pogies/bar mitts you'll not be bothered by cold much...also look into some Dive Gloves....they will keep your hands warmer than ski gloves ;)

once ya get some pogies/bar mitts you'll not be bothered by cold much...also look into some Dive Gloves....they will keep your hands warmer than ski gloves ;)
I'm listening to ya HP. I'm going to get myself some of them pogies soon. I used to have a pair of dive gloves. Just put some new mtb pedals on yesterday. The mods never end ;-)>

When it's really cold, I wear latex/nitrile glove inside of my winter gloves, prevents the hand sweat from getting the interior of winter gloves wet; then get the gloves frozen.

Back