I had some eBike fascination yesterday

Smaug

Local time
5:15 AM
This is not really a question, but it doesn't pertain to any specific type of eBike, so I'm putting it here.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home the other day to get a few bottles of wine. Outside was one guy who looked on with fascination as I locked it up. He finally worked up the courage to talk to me about it. Asked a few questions. He was using a cane, recovering from a hip replacements. I'd guess he was about 55. He wouldn't stop talking!

A few minutes later, an older guy came out and started talking to me. He was more like 70. He had a bunch of questions too. Then, his wife came out. We had a great conversation. I tried to get each of them to try my bike and see firsthand what it's all about. No takers; they all said their balance is bad.

Ah well, I guarantee they went home thinking about whether an eBike is right for them, and I'm glad to have help spread the gospel. ;)

This is not really a question, but it doesn't pertain to any specific type of eBike, so I'm putting it here.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home the other day to get a few bottles of wine. Outside was one guy who looked on with fascination as I locked it up. He finally worked up the courage to talk to me about it. Asked a few questions. He was using a cane, recovering from a hip replacements. I'd guess he was about 55. He wouldn't stop talking!

A few minutes later, an older guy came out and started talking to me. He was more like 70. He had a bunch of questions too. Then, his wife came out. We had a great conversation. I tried to get each of them to try my bike and see firsthand what it's all about. No takers; they all said their balance is bad.

Ah well, I guarantee they went home thinking about whether an eBike is right for them, and I'm glad to have help spread the gospel. ;)
Poor balance is a good reason NOT to buy any two wheeled bike. If/when my balance degrades, I’ll be looking at recumbent trikes.

I've also had several people ask about my ebike......one lady went out and bought one the next day and loves it. Knowing ones abilities in any form of transportation is important.....if you can't balance stay off any bike......if your reactions are slow.....don't drive a car.....if you don't like heights.....stay off the zip lines.......I have a new knee and hip on my right side....I know my limitations.....I love riding my ebike....driving my truck and zip lining......I love fishing as well but that is a story for another day.

yeppers with a new knee and a new hip socket we aint dead yet mate! :)

Trout fishing , panning for gold, i'd love to try zip line for sure.

Stay Safe old person! :cool:

HP

Havent found much gold yet this year. Only a gram and 2 tenths.

hopefully it'll get better

yeppers with a new knee and a new hip socket we aint dead yet mate! :)

Trout fishing , panning for gold, i'd love to try zip line for sure.

Stay Safe old person! :cool:

HP

I tell my kids and grandkids....I average in all my new parts when people ask my age.....I am actually getting younger....I think I am in my late 40's! LOL!

I'm in my 70's and I think riding helps my balance. I don't ride on roads at all, but I push limits by riding trails. I even ride at night with no lights in my pastures doing irrigation and going to out buildings, and the other night on the full moon I did a couple of miles on the ditch bank road with just moon light. That was cool.

Disagree with balance being a reason NOT to buy a two-wheeled vehicle. Very bad to generalize like that. It sure helped me after a motorcycle wreck and a stroke. I call it PT.

I'm approaching old age (74), have been riding since I was 12 and never stopped. Had knee replacement in July, bought my ebike in September and am thoroughly enjoying it (still have my Trek bike as well). It lets me extend my horizons knowing that I have a means of getting home should I get too tired or my new knee starts to complain. With 265 miles of dedicated bike paths, I have a lot of choices and intend to keep riding for another dozen years or so.

You should have mentioned they make E trikes with a basket for groceries ect.

Back