I did it my way in a loophole

biknut

Local time
5:15 PM
I came to eBikes from a motorcycle point of view. I got my first real motorcycle in 1967, a Honda S90 that had 8 hp. Even though I had a license I was riding illegally,because 15 yr olds were limited to 5 hp. I learned to get around it by exploiting a loophole. Now I'm nearing 70 yrs old, and I'm back to riding in the same 8 hp lookhole LOL

20230101_150759.jpg

That thing looks like a rocket!
It is kind of a rocket, but it's Stealthy, and silent. If I'm riding slowly no one has any idea what they're seeing, so it fits in any riding situation. It's the most versatile bike I've ever owned. You can ride a fast eBike slow, but you can't ride a slow eBike fast.

I came to eBikes from a motorcycle point of view. I got my first real motorcycle in 1967, a Honda S90 that had 8 hp. Even though I had a license I was riding illegally,because 15 yr olds were limited to 5 hp. I learned to get around it by exploiting a loophole. Now I'm nearing 70 yrs old, and I'm back to riding in the same 8 hp lookhole LOL

View attachment 7007

View attachment 7007
I give up, what is it?

Those were the days. I would still prefer a bike styled like your red bike over a Monkey, or Grom.

I never got into those smaller wheeled bikes, larger wheels are much more stable at speeds above 40 mph.

BTW, are the front & rear wheel different diameter on your ebike? Front 26", Rear: 24"

Oh boy I like the modded red one. Very clever gas tank add-on.

I used a vintage Yamaha YT fuel tank that I found at the moto flea market for $25.
Fabricated seat, side frame covers, trimmed tail, extended swing arm, Chinese 140cc engine & 12v electrical kit, painted wheels..

RiM35Iv.jpg

pSfdnsg.jpg

yJa5kBH.png

Back