Hub motor only moves when in learning mode

brianbonedoc

Local time
12:59 PM
I hope someone can help. I have a 36v geared hub motor from aliexpress. Has 3 phase wires and 5 hall sensor wires. I have tried 3 different brushless controllers from amazon. On all 3 I can connect everything but nothing works EXCEPT for learning mode. Once I connect the learning wires the motor runs smoothly. But after I disconnect the learning wires, I dont have any motion when trying to use the throttle. I have tested 2 throttles and I get the .8-4.2v on the signal pin as I move it. I did try moving the phase wires around, but I get the same situation, no motion except during learning mode.

Pulling my hair out. Thanks!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...2TGAl9I&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

71q8L+O9-GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Did you figure this out? I'm in the same boat.

I'm working with a replacement (AliExpress controller and display) trying to repair a Swagtron EB7+. The display was soaked through with water. I decided to replace both controller and display.

I get an Error code 07 (motor fault).

Basically the motor only runs when the self-study/learning cable is connected. The motor stops receiving power when the self-learn plug is disconnected. I then turn the throttle and nothing happens.

Starting over (battery off then reconnected) and the motor is running (with the self-learn plug connected) I can use the throttle (turned all the way) to change the motor direction. The throttle does not effect the speed of the motor spinning, it only reverses the direction at full twist.

Ebrakes, PAS, and lights are not connected yet.

Interestingly, the motor speed is variable by changing the PAS settings on the display.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Supplier's procedure:

Connect the self-study cable first, then..​
Connect (in order) the controller to battery, then hall & phase wires, then plugs for the throttle & LCD display. (Why does this order matter?)​

After these connections are made:
Turn on Display.​
Check LCD display P03 voltage is right (it is)​
The motor then runs. which means the controller and LCD display test is ok​
The self-study is disconnected and turn the throttle to run the motor.​
Next ,you can be connector to another function (Brake ,PAS .....)​

hi, I have a problem I get error 07 in display s830 I have a controller 36/48/17a I plug in the learning wire and my motor just makes a strange niose i then unplug it and plug it back in and the wheel rotates the correct way. but why is it making a noise and not moving when i first plug in the learning wires any help please what am I doing wrong do I have to change the phase wires?

Back