Hub Motor Noise (VTUVIA SN100)

longlegs

Local time
10:07 PM
Hello. This is my first posting. I joined here since @vtuviaebike Lisa is active in this forum. Also, maybe others can help me sort this thing out. Hoping I can get some answers. Thank you in advance.

I have been commuting with my ebike for 3500km (2175 miles) now. I have noticed a grinding noise in my hub motor. The noise escalates just around the time the motor cuts the power. Vtuvia hub motors are designed to cut power (or lessen to minimal output) when it reaches a certain speed in each PAS level.

What could be the culprit in this video?

Hello. This is my first posting. I joined here since @vtuviaebike Lisa is active in this forum. Also, maybe others can help me sort this thing out. Hoping I can get some answers. Thank you in advance.

I have been commuting with my ebike for 3500km (2175 miles) now. I have noticed a grinding noise in my hub motor. The noise escalates just around the time the motor cuts the power. Vtuvia hub motors are designed to cut power (or lessen to minimal output) when it reaches a certain speed in each PAS level.

What could be the culprit in this video?

I would say maybe the gears in the hub motor need replacing or at least some lube.

Thank you, sir. So many lubricants out there, what do you think is best suited for planetary gears?
White lithium I have heard that what is recommended. Use it sparingly.

BTW see you are a shooter in you thumbnail, what kit are you using?

Last edited:
White lithium I have heard that what is recommended. Use it sparingly.

BTW see you are a shooter in you thumbnail, what kit are you using?
oh :LOL: that's a very old profile photo in FB. it's my friend's Canon with a large prime lens, and forgot all the specs :D

these motors on these bikes are known for letting water in them seal side plate with silicon fixed .
- thats good ya opened it up and took a look see , thanks for showing how its done.

Back