Howdy all!

DerbyEV

Local time
6:52 PM
I retired last June and travel is on my mind. I'm hoping to carry my future ebike on my travels using it for a camping companion and local bike paths in my city. I'm using this forum for sharing information with like minded people and how to make my experience better. People here wouldn't be here if they weren't enthusiastic about ebiking.
Get ready for the stupid questions and telling me it's an old discussion and to look it up.

Welcome to the forum! Don't feel afraid to ask a question, we're all just trying to help each other out.

Welcome, the old saying is the only stupid question is an unasked question. Let her rip we'll see if we can help.

Right off the bat I should caution you that e-bikes are typically much heavier than traditional bikes. Typically around 70-80 lbs so when you choose your carrier keep that in mind and maybe go for one that has a ramp to help load the bike.

Welcome, the old saying is the only stupid question is an unasked question. Let her rip we'll see if we can help.

Right off the bat I should caution you that e-bikes are typically much heavier than traditional bikes. Typically around 70-8o lbs so when you choose your carrier keep that in mind and maybe go for one that has a ramp to help load the bike.
Interesting fact I just found out about my new cars trailer hitch, which is rated for 3,500 lbs. towing and 350 lbs. tongue weight is that it is only rated for 160 lbs. for a bicycle rack. Torque bouncing on it, etc.. I had never heard a separate number for a rack or a third figure at all. It looks like one e-bike or an aftermarket hitch. Looking at forums to see other owners impressions.

That is a very interesting fact Derby. I would have assumed tounge weight would be OK. Nice to meet a fellow noob.

Back