How weatherproof are E-bikes

I get it. My Rattan is advertised as being good in snow but the instructions, once it arrived, say do not use in wet conditions lol. I hadn't thought about sand but that stuff gets everywhere and would be next to impossible to get it all out
So basically it's good in snow as long as you don't actually use it in snow? :ROFLMAO: :confused: Gotta love it.

So basically it's good in snow as long as you don't actually use it in snow? :ROFLMAO: :confused: Gotta love it.
I got it for Door Dash so I guess I'm now a seasonal worker. It doesn't really matter though because it only worked for 2 miles. Just sitting since August, Rattan reps are as useless as their warranty

Well, hell, socialfilter. That really stinks. Are you dealing directly with the mfg, or did you get your bike from a shop?

A buddy's Bosch powered bike punked out on him near the end of our season; it is under warranty. We shall see how well they stand behind their product.
Good advice on keeping the battery somewhere relatively warm.
A buddy, who did rely on his bike while attending grad school, was appalled at the notion that a bike couldn't be used in inclement weather.
Dan

Well, hell, socialfilter. That really stinks. Are you dealing directly with the mfg, or did you get your bike from a shop?

A buddy's Bosch powered bike punked out on him near the end of our season; it is under warranty. We shall see how well they stand behind their product.
A buddy, who did rely on his bike while attending grad school, was appalled at the notion that a bike couldn't be used in inclement weather.
Dan

Dan
Thanks. I just got an email from Rattan offering to send me a new battery and display. It took a few months but once I filed a complaint with my cc company they jumped into action! Imagine that lol. Oh they also asked me to edit all of the posts and reviews I've written once I get the tracking number. I bought it from a shop that I later found out just bought it from Amazon and upsold it to me. The shop went out of business less than a month after I bought the bike and tracking down the owner has proven to be extremely difficult because he apparently owes alot of customers money. I had it delivered in the box so the problems I experienced with the bike itself were not his fault but because he was the one who placed the order it made dealing with customer support even more difficult than usual. I think persistence is key when dealing with Chinese boxed Ebikes imho. If they ignore or drag their feet I'd suggest keeping all emails, screenshots, texts, and record all phone calls to file a claim with cc companies. There were several times since August when I was just so sick of the daily non answers and multiple requests for the same videos & pics etc. that I nearly just chalked it up to an expensive lesson but my anger prevailed

I'm guessing you will be in no particular hurry to retract your previous complaints... Yeah, hate battles with vendors.
My buddy's bike has not been trouble free, but at least the local shop (independent, sorta new age joint) has been supportive.
Dan

I'm guessing you will be in no particular hurry to retract your previous complaints... Yeah, hate battles with vendors.
My buddy's bike has not been trouble free, but at least the local shop (independent, sorta new age joint) has been supportive.
Dan
I'm going to have problems just finding them all! I went on a little rage fueled rampage against Rattan on every forum, YouTube review comments, Trustpilot, Facebook, Instagram...I was nearly as angry with myself for thinking I'd done enough research but the more time I spend on forums, particularly this one, I've realized that any ebike less than $2k is hit or miss. Some people get 1000+ miles without an issue, some get 100, and the very unlucky few, like me, get 3 miles. I have absolutely no issue with the Chinese. They're just filling the vacuum left by America's shortsightedness.

Welp.....could have gone to walmart and gotten a steel frame bike and slapped a voilamart 1500w hub drive on there with a huge (52v 40ah) battery on there and been delivering food by now eh.......

Ok don't keep us waiting to find out what yur gonna do...we been waiting this long :p

I'm going to have problems just finding them all! I went on a little rage fueled rampage against Rattan on every forum, YouTube review comments, Trustpilot, Facebook, Instagram...I was nearly as angry with myself for thinking I'd done enough research but the more time I spend on forums, particularly this one, I've realized that any ebike less than $2k is hit or miss. Some people get 1000+ miles without an issue, some get 100, and the very unlucky few, like me, get 3 miles. I have absolutely no issue with the Chinese. They're just filling the vacuum left by America's shortsightedness.
I've been in similar situations with companies that have asked me to delete or edit negative reviews that were accurate. I always tell them that I will be happy to add the new information and resolution but that everything that happened prior is accurate and I will not remove it from the reviews. It also depends on how responsive they are when I contact them about any issues.

I've been in similar situations with companies that have asked me to delete or edit negative reviews that were accurate. I always tell them that I will be happy to add the new information and resolution but that everything that happened prior is accurate and I will not remove it from the reviews. It also depends on how responsive they are when I contact them about any issues.
Oh I'm not deleting ANYTHING I've posted. I didn't lie and, if anything, went easy on them until they began screwing with me. I'll update my posts and reviews & add a screenshot of their email asking me to delete. I'm shocked they even care. I always assumed they filtered out all of the bad ones and paid enough YouTubers to lie but I think it was the forums, FB, and Trustpilot that finally changed their attitude

Oh I'm not deleting ANYTHING I've posted. I didn't lie and, if anything, went easy on them until they began screwing with me. I'll update my posts and reviews & add a screenshot of their email asking me to delete. I'm shocked they even care. I always assumed they filtered out all of the bad ones and paid enough YouTubers to lie but I think it was the forums, FB, and Trustpilot that finally changed their attitude
I rarely review anything but I'm disabled and poor & assume that an ebike is a major, very expensive purchase for alot of people. I live off of $10,500 a YEAR so it took me quite a bit of sacrifice and time to save enough money just to have it die on my 3rd ride. Rattan would have to give me the winning Powerball numbers or something in order to convince me to detract any of my previous comments

We might need to start a "Dealer Reviews" forum, and then list all the ebike manufacturers. If you are ever suspect about a review, you can always look back through the posters history, and find out if they are a real person or a just a marketer. It's pretty easy to tell the difference on a forum.

Sounds like a great idea and I think people, esp those looking for their 1st ebike, would love it

Welp.....could have gone to walmart and gotten a steel frame bike and slapped a voilamart 1500w hub drive on there with a huge (52v 40ah) battery on there and been delivering food by now eh.......

Ok don't keep us waiting to find out what yur gonna do...we been waiting this long :p
Thanks for your interest in this debacle! I'm sure ppl are getting tired of my bitching. I used to own a small web marketing business until I got hit by a hit & run driver resulting in a TBI. After 6 weeks in an induced coma and months of rehab I left the hospital incapable of returning to my previous work. I lost my condo, vehicles, all of my savings, and my gold digger fiancee (there's a silver lining to everything). Im not allowed a driver's license due to seizures (I figured I'd be unlikely to injure anyone else on an ebike) and now make less than 1/10th my pre accident income so this was akin to buying a brand new car. I should be getting a new battery & display next week so hopefully I'll have more positivity to post soon

Back