How to Fix Bafang BBSHD & BBS02 Error 30

hey guys.. i am having the same problem with 30H error and PAS&Throttle working and no speed or Odo on the display.. I tried 2 different usb programming cable and still can't connect to controller.. (to reflash the firmware) any help is appreciated

Another annoying error code 30 problem. I'm new to this bafang motor set up so bear with me.
The speed sensor broke off after making contact with the spoke mounted doohickey. Obviously I had to ride home anyway. And I had to use it the following day. Everything worked as normal except lack of speedo as you would guess.
Now the display is showing error code 30, I have also removed the battery a few times whilst checking things. I'm confused as nothing else has changed. I've remounted the speed sensor but error code 30 still shows. It must be, if the world is logical but it isn't always, related to the speed sensor and riding without it??
Is there a way to say reboot... I'm wondering if I've upset it by riding without the sensor. It's really annoying. I've tried turning it on and off, I've tried wriggling wires and I've tried screaming at it.
Any other ideas?

After checking MCU was able to set to 3.86. Flashed my controller and now can use 52 V batteries. Tried to re-flash Luna setup and got current out of range error and had to re-flash using the 'Golden' again cause error 30 was set. Will check few more things and maybe try again. Want the throttle not related to PAS settings. May even put the faulty controller on and try flashing it but think it has hardware fault slight electrical burn odor.

UPDATE - after flashing with the 48 to 52 flash everything is good except if I use Bafang Config Tool after doing a read, cannot write in fact I get error 30. so far only way to fix is to the complete flash again. I want to set the assist 0 values to 1 so the throttle will work independent of PAS. I tired both the Bafang Config Tool and the Stafan Penov version with same results am afraid try many more time fear of breaking the connector or something else. Any help or explanation? Is my controller locked and shuts down if try reading with the Config Tool?
Yes, I am also facing the same issue, after following step by step of the golden motor instructions, It looks like when u try to use Bafang Config tool, you can only read but cant write, the moment you try to change the settings, it looks like communication is failing..and again we need to flash the controller using the steps. How do we manage to change the settings after flashing the controller as per the golden motor video? Did you manage to figure out?

After checking MCU was able to set to 3.86. Flashed my controller and now can use 52 V batteries. Tried to re-flash Luna setup and got current out of range error and had to re-flash using the 'Golden' again cause error 30 was set. Will check few more things and maybe try again. Want the throttle not related to PAS settings. May even put the faulty controller on and try flashing it but think it has hardware fault slight electrical burn odor.

UPDATE - after flashing with the 48 to 52 flash everything is good except if I use Bafang Config Tool after doing a read, cannot write in fact I get error 30. so far only way to fix is to the complete flash again. I want to set the assist 0 values to 1 so the throttle will work independent of PAS. I tired both the Bafang Config Tool and the Stafan Penov version with same results am afraid try many more time fear of breaking the connector or something else. Any help or explanation? Is my controller locked and shuts down if try reading with the Config Tool?
Yes, I am also facing the same issue, after following step by step of the golden motor instructions, It looks like when u try to use Bafang Config tool, you can only read but cant write, the moment you try to change the settings, it looks like communication is failing..and again we need to flash the controller using the steps. How do we manage to change the settings after flashing the controller as per the golden motor video? Did you manage to figure out?

Hi I have bafang 1000w 20ah batery I did only almost 500 km and I have error problem ( error 30 comunication fault ) motor is not working with pedal asistmant and is not working with pressing the botton and on my speedo is normaly red light on and now is off cann you help me semeone pls what to do ?
Please tell us did you figure it out yet because it is doing exactly what mine is doing and no red light and error 30H

Hi I have bafang 1000w 20ah batery I did only almost 500 km and I have error problem ( error 30 comunication fault ) motor is not working with pedal asistmant and is not working with pressing the botton and on my speedo is normaly red light on and now is off cann you help me semeone pls what to do ?
Hi Peter how did you get this resolved ? I have same issue

Hi, I've been getting Error 30 ever since a pretty bad crash. I replaced the display and still get error 30. I inspected the wiring and it appears the wiring coming out of the controller has been badly smashed and damaged. I can't just replace the harness because the damaged section of wire is coming directly out of the controller/motor below the connection port. My idea is to cut out the damaged section of wiring and replace it with new wire. I'm wondering what type of wire I need to replace it with and what other supplies I might need. Shrink wrap? Tape? Crimp or solder? Any help or directions to resources with these answers is greatly appreciated. I haven't cycled my battery in awhile it's nagging at me....

I got the 30H error.
I have gone through the cables without finding any dents or anything.
I have changed the dispaly without it changing anything. I have changed the controller. it worked for 2 min before i got the 30H error again. I have tried connecting the motor to my computer but it stops when I want to test the MCU.

I did reprogram the controller with the instructions given https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100064&hilit=BBShd+programming
and then was able to change the settings again using Bafangconfigtool, I haven’t tested though.
Hope it helps.Keen to hear the feedback
I realize that this is an old post, however wanted to reply in the hopes of helping others. I have a bbhds, with 52v20ah set up. After having a brake cutoff problem I got an error 30 that would not go away until I loaded new firmware (golden motors) 48v to 52v firmware. This cleared the error 30, however as with others I could not use the configuration software from Luna to set my preferences. If I did my controller would stop responding and set another error 30. I too followed the post on endless-sphere. this solved my problem completely. Configuration software works and bike have been tested (rode the bike for 1.5 hours) and no code has returned.

I realize that this is an old post, however wanted to reply in the hopes of helping others. I have a bbhds, with 52v20ah set up. After having a brake cutoff problem I got an error 30 that would not go away until I loaded new firmware (golden motors) 48v to 52v firmware. This cleared the error 30, however as with others I could not use the configuration software from Luna to set my preferences. If I did my controller would stop responding and set another error 30. I too followed the post on endless-sphere. this solved my problem completely. Configuration software works and bike have been tested (rode the bike for 1.5 hours) and no code has returned.
Welcome to the forums :cool:

Thank you, Sadly I must amend my post. After charging my battery completely I now have an error07 (overvoltage) I believe the file from Endless sphere is intended for 48volt batteries. Apon searching the web, I came across another file that has completely fixed my problem. For those interested and perhaps with the same problem, and same set up most importantly. My bike uses a BBHDS with a 52volt20ah battery, my kit uses the latest controller with firmware maxing the controller to 28amps. My problem was an error code 30, created by some bad brake power off switch wiring. I loaded the error 30 fix file from Golden Motors that cleared the error 30 however I was no longer able to use configuration software. I then tried the Endless Sphere file that now allowed me to use the configuration software but created an error 07 overvoltage code. My latest attempt was a file from you tube.
This file cleared the error07, brought my controller to max amps of 30, and I am able to use the configuration software from Luna to set up my preferences. I have attached a picture of my ride.
IMG-4988.jpg

Yes, I have followed the common troubleshooting steps for error 30 and disconnect/reconnect everything. Also after that, I took each component (speed sensor, gear shift, throttle, main cable harness) and replaced them with the ones from the working kit. Brake sensors not mounted.
Now I'm trying to find someone in my town with a Bafang kit willing to let me test my display on his kit - I don't know what other option I have, most of the people I've read about online, they fixed ERROR 30 either by reconnecting sensors or by replacing controller/display.
Try unlocking the firmware to 1500w this way you are eliminating the chance of battery output not being within threshold. I just installed a brand new controller 1000hd and still got an error 30 on first boot. Then I realized that my new battery is 52v and my next step is to find a 48v battery just to wake it up from standard 48v default setting, flash the controller to unlock it this way my code will possibly clear due to the unlock. BTW When you unlock your controller you're also clearing a lot of other codes that would not let things normally run for example the speedo can be disconnected the brakes don't have to be plugged in. You can find the fresh code at golden motor support just download the baffing upgrade and update it when you start look for a YouTube video it could work. I'll try to update in the next day or 2.

Hi, I just fitted a new C18 display. It shows Error code 30. Everything was working perfectly with old dpc14/lcd 850c display prior to fitting this new display. I have checked the connection and seems fine.. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? thanks.

"Hello, I have a Bafang BBS-HD 48V 1000W motor. It was working properly, but then it started giving an error code 30h and didn't move. I found out that in this video, a person fixed this problem by installing new firmware, which I also did. However, I suspect that I may have done something wrong or made a mistake because both my motor and battery are 48V.

Then things got strange. I powered on the battery and started the motor, but the screen went black, and I heard an electrical sound from the controller, motor, or battery. It sounded like something had broken or burned. So, I'm thinking I may have burned my controller.

My question is, is the firmware installed in the controller? If I get a new controller, will that fix the issue? Because I can't even install new firmware anymore as nothing appears on my screen. So, is the firmware stored in the controller and not in the motor?

I followed this guide:

"

Back