How to disable the PAS (pedal assist system) on the Bafang BBS02 kit?

freddy

Local time
3:35 PM
How do I disable the PAS on my Bafang BBS02 mid drive kit? The pedal assist system (PAS) is like and ON or OFF switch and activates whenever the pedals spin. It feels dangerous when riding in the forest or when on the road in traffic. I don't want a burst of full power whenever the pedals spin. I know it is not technically legal to disable the PAS but I have safety concerns about using it...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can purchase a cable from Luna Cycles to the disable the PAS and then you can use the throttle only. You're right, it's not legal in most places but just don't go flat out and ride like a maniac and you should be OK ;)

I don't want a burst of full power whenever the pedals spin.
I agree PAS can be very sudden on a higher power motor and it can accelerate you at the wrong time. It's a good idea to put power cut switches on the brake levers to cut power to the motor when the brakes are applied.

I agree PAS can be very sudden on a higher power motor and it can accelerate you at the wrong time. It's a good idea to put power cut switches on the brake levers to cut power to the motor when the brakes are applied.
I use power cut brake levers to cut the power when shifting gears, it takes a little bit of learning but it's easy after a while. I only use PAS 1 or PAS 2 and I don't like using the throttle.

Back