How to Disable limiter on Himiway Cruiser

Thank you, so far all I have seen that may be a solution is very risky and that's covering one of the pins that control the limit and closing it back up it's kind of willy-nilly so I don't want to go that route the other thing that I saw on YouTube was a different display that is compatible it's called, key display KD718. it's going to cost about a $125 or so with shipping. On the YouTube video the guy saying that you need to specify the limit that you want that shouldn't be hard because I don't want any limit but it's just getting the message to these people which I can't quite figure out how to do before actually buying the product. Anyway thank you brother Himiway Rider.

I hope you have resolved the issue by now. If you haven't, reprogramming the pedal assist levels as in the video above will give you the full power and speed (mine goes 35 mph on throttle only after making these changes). I personally would not modify the hardware by circumventing one of the pins on the control harness - but that is just me. Changing the settings in the computer may save you $125.

You can find out how to access programming mode at :30 in the video above. The code is 0510, he gives step by step instructions here. You can download the programming manual for the computer at: Himiway Computer Manual - however, it isn't the easiest manual to read or navigate (typical for translated manuals). Once you are into the programming settings, you navigate using the + and - keys.

To change the MAX SPEED, press the + and - keys together until the first menu appears (TC-n to reset the Trip Computer). Then press the - and i buttons together. It will prompt you for the passcode, enter 0510. Navigate to the LS screen and change it to a higher number. The number is showing kilometers per hour and defaults to 35 kph. I have mine set to the max of 55 (you may be able to program a larger number).
"When the current speed is faster than speed limit, the E-bike system will switch off automatically." <- page 8 in the manual. If you want a video to watch to assist; CitizenCycle Himiway Settings starts at the 8:02 mark.

PEDAL ASSIST SETTINGS: Access programming mode. Advance to the second menu ("2" in the upper right). I changed mine from the default 0-5 setting to 0-9 (finer control of the pedal assist). I used his settings. After he sets these, he changes the SSP setting to 4 to ease the amount of power delivered to the motor (makes for a bit gentler takeoff - YMMV).

Setting the POWER levels for each pedal assist setting will not only "tame" the motor (Pedal Assist 1 from the factory is a bit too much power in my opinion, especially until you get used to riding an electric bike - the torque is close to instant), you will smooth out the power levels for each pedal assist setting.

Hope this helps, enjoy the bike. I'm loving mine, about 750 miles since March 2021.
Cheers!

I hope you have resolved the issue by now. If you haven't, reprogramming the pedal assist levels as in the video above will give you the full power and speed (mine goes 35 mph on throttle only after making these changes). I personally would not modify the hardware by circumventing one of the pins on the control harness - but that is just me. Changing the settings in the computer may save you $125.

You can find out how to access programming mode at :30 in the video above. The code is 0510, he gives step by step instructions here. You can download the programming manual for the computer at: Himiway Computer Manual - however, it isn't the easiest manual to read or navigate (typical for translated manuals). Once you are into the programming settings, you navigate using the + and - keys.

To change the MAX SPEED, press the + and - keys together until the first menu appears (TC-n to reset the Trip Computer). Then press the - and i buttons together. It will prompt you for the passcode, enter 0510. Navigate to the LS screen and change it to a higher number. The number is showing kilometers per hour and defaults to 35 kph. I have mine set to the max of 55 (you may be able to program a larger number).
"When the current speed is faster than speed limit, the E-bike system will switch off automatically." <- page 8 in the manual. If you want a video to watch to assist; CitizenCycle Himiway Settings starts at the 8:02 mark.

PEDAL ASSIST SETTINGS: Access programming mode. Advance to the second menu ("2" in the upper right). I changed mine from the default 0-5 setting to 0-9 (finer control of the pedal assist). I used his settings. After he sets these, he changes the SSP setting to 4 to ease the amount of power delivered to the motor (makes for a bit gentler takeoff - YMMV).

Setting the POWER levels for each pedal assist setting will not only "tame" the motor (Pedal Assist 1 from the factory is a bit too much power in my opinion, especially until you get used to riding an electric bike - the torque is close to instant), you will smooth out the power levels for each pedal assist setting.

Hope this helps, enjoy the bike. I'm loving mine, about 750 miles since March 2021.
Cheers!
Thanks pnwbiker I really appreciate your time as far as you trying to help me out however what you said is true but it applies to the 2020 display model the model I have is the 2021 which has a limit set at 45 km by default I did everything you said and that's where it brought me to that 45 which I can only adjust lower and that's very disappointing since the one that came with the bike was fully adjustable. I ordered a key display from AliExpress which should be here in the beginning of October thanks again keep up the good work because we need experience people to guide us through this since very few companies well actually take the time. Bye for now

Thanks pnwbiker I really appreciate your time as far as you trying to help me out however what you said is true but it applies to the 2020 display model the model I have is the 2021 which has a limit set at 45 km by default I did everything you said and that's where it brought me to that 45 which I can only adjust lower and that's very disappointing since the one that came with the bike was fully adjustable. I ordered a key display from AliExpress which should be here in the beginning of October thanks again keep up the good work because we need experience people to guide us through this since very few companies well actually take the time. Bye for now
Hi Warren 71319! I was wondering if you ever were able to resolve your speed issue? I've been doing a lot of research and am considering picking up a Himiway Cruiser, but the limit set at 25mph, is a bit of a deal breaker for me. Did your new display fix this? Thanks a bunch!

I have a 2020 All Terrain that I unlocked. I have hit as high as 30 while using pedal assist. I don’t find I use that much speed very much as it just too hard to pedal that fast.

My thought is 25 is most likely fast enough for 99 % of riding. Just a heads up most of the e bikes you find on the market are limited.

I have a 2020 All Terrain that I unlocked. I have hit as high as 30 while using pedal assist. I don’t find I use that much speed very much as it just too hard to pedal that fast.

My thought is 25 is most likely fast enough for 99 % of riding. Just a heads up most of the e bikes you find on the market are limited.
Gotcha, I'm looking into it for commute purposes. I've got about 18 miles to go both ways, so the speed thing on top of the range from that big battery is a big factor for me. Those 2020 models without the locked in limits would be absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for. I'll probably end up checking out a used one I have lined up out to see where it's got the speed limit set, and if it's the 40km rather than the 45 limit, I'll end up doing the display replacement. But, I'm not sure whether the limit is coming from the controller or the display. I've seen a lot of conflicting information on the forums about it.

The display change would fix the issue of you the pick the right one.

My concern would be the battery capacity because of the distance here be riding every day. If you have a way of charging at work that wouldn’t be a problem.

Also if you plan on peddling and use a lower pedal assist level you can extend the mileage dramatically.

I have enjoyed my Himiway a lot can’t wait for weather to get better so get riding again.

TIL about this little beauty to resolve the speed issue on 2021 and newer Himiway's with the new display that won't allow you to go past 25MPH. I personally think this has to do with many foreign countries requiring a Class 2 bike or less to operate on paths/trails. The U.S. has been toying with this as well. This newer display is a bit pricey but I just paid ~$80 for a similar display for an older ebike upgrade I am doing so it may be worth it for some.

LCD Color Display upgrade for Himiway, other ebikes
They state you can configure up to 56MPH - your Himiway might do that downhill but without a motor upgrade... YMMV. That said, WAY easier to program than the one that came on mine. I rarely play in the computer tho.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back