• Hello new members! Please sign up using Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or an Email Address! We are the friendliest electric bike group on the internet. All ebikers are welcome here, any riding style and any age!

How to charge eBike when camping?

todd

So who takes their ebike camping with them and what do you use to charge the battery? Seems the charger draws a lot of power. Any info would be helpful. By the way my bike is a Giant Trance E+2

terry

Two car batteries and a power inverter for short trips. Or if camping for longer I take a small 2000 watt generator if in a place without power. It will run my whole camper too, quiet and very efficient.

alexH

I charge with an inverter clipped into the battery terminals on a truck. I have run the truck battery down more than once. So... I’ve found that I need to run the truck engine about half the ebike charge cycle— not ideal.

todd

I was doing a trial run tonight with an inverter and a 67ah gel cell battery, after about an hour the inverter fan started running really slow. I didn’t realize those chargers use that much power.

carlos

I have an inverter and solar panels, to run my camper van. Dang ebike battery takes a long time to charge, usually about 4hrs...

Bill

Plug it in to the mains power outlet at the campground. Back up ebike batteries come in handy too :D