How long does the battery last on an electric bike?

ellacg96

Most lithium-ion batteries have between 500 and 800 charge cycles, depending on the make and model of the battery.
Remember that a charge cycle is from fully charged to fully depleted, and when you receive your order for an e-bike, the first thing to do is to fully charge it.
Naturally, we want our bike batteries to last as long as possible. After all, e-bike batteries aren't cheap. For example, my OKAI STRIDE bike, it uses LG 13s2p, which has the characteristics of high energy, long cycle life, good safety, excellent high and low-temperature performance, light and portable battery, and good consistency, and environmental protection.
Also, if you haven't used your e-bike for a few months, be sure to partially charge the battery before riding. This is because it will self-discharge a bit and will not be at the same charge level as the last time you rode the bike

Tabithae

I own an Addmotor citypro e-bike with a 20AH battery. They ensure 125+ miles per charge on PAS 1 MODE. I ride it for daily commuting. About 15 miles round trip. It just uses more than half of my battery capacity every week.

BBassett

Treat the battery properly and 1200+ recharge cycles are possible. "Properly" means not charging past 85% capacity or discharging past 20% capacity, not charging in temperatures near freezing, or letting them sit idle for long periods of time. That means using a Grin Satiator for charging or something similar, although I have never seen anything comparable. The bigger that battery the faster you can charge without stressing the cells and the more recharge cycles you will be able to get. Why do you think manufacturers only sell small batteries or worse a pair of small batteries? They want you to burn through them and buy more, that's why they all have their own proprietary parts. I've been using 3 triangle lithium packs (2000Wh per) for almost 7 years now for a combined 37+K miles and don't feel any difference in them from when they were still virgins. Unlike those that actually believe manufacturers BS and that they can get 100+ miles on a single charge... but oddly have never ridden the bike for more than 30 miles at a time, I do get 70+ miles on a loaded bike on smooth surfaces using approximately 65% of the pack. Before any arguments flare out of control... every single ebike manufactured or cobbled together like mine, can get unlimited mileage if you don't use any assist, but that's not how people ride... if they ride. Use batteries that you can ride further than you want on less than 65% of the battery's capacity and charge them with a Grin Satiator. Have more than one battery available. I also suggest reading everything you can on lithium batteries on BatteryUniversity.com before advising others. Treat them properly and you will be using them for a decade or more even if it's not to push a bike motor. Stay safe.

cmcdermott

The lifespan of a typical e-bike battery is 800 full charge cycles. You can expect an e-bike battery to last 5 years. Typically, you can expect a range of 25 to 70 miles on a single e-bike charge. If you're using it at full capacity, expect less; manage your battery life well and you can get more. I have an eMTB which is a 1000-cycle Lithium battery and it is very good and durable.

BBassett

The lifespan of a typical e-bike battery is 800 full charge cycles. You can expect an e-bike battery to last 5 years. Typically, you can expect a range of 25 to 70 miles on a single e-bike charge. If you're using it at full capacity, expect less; manage your battery life well and you can get more. I have an eMTB which is a 1000-cycle Lithium battery and it is very good and durable.
Man, manufacturers love you guys! What about the people that ride every day? 5 x 365 + more than 800... right? 25 to 70 is a safe bet alright. The only way to manage a pack properly is with a charger that allows you to charge to a preset voltage, or you could try to disconnect it once it gets close I suppose. I have in excess of 800 recharge cycles on all my packs. Don't believe what manufacturers are trying to get you to literally buy.

Top Bottom