How do I raise up the gooseneck on a Ride1up Rift bike

Pappi

Local time
5:30 AM
Do I just loosen the bolt in the handlebar riser to loosen it up to raise it? Does that beauty ring around it need to move as well? I want to raise it up a few inches
IMG_8257.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8258.jpeg
    IMG_8258.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 6
Do I just loosen the bolt in the handlebar riser to loosen it up to raise it? Does that beauty ring around it need to move as well?
Might want to post up a couple pics, so we can all see what you are working with?

Also to avoid bad advice.

Thanks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do I just loosen the bolt in the handlebar riser to loosen it up to raise it? Does that beauty ring around it need to move as well? I want to raise it up a few inchesView attachment 14883

Do I just loosen the bolt in the handlebar riser to loosen it up to raise it? Does that beauty ring around it need to move as well? I want to raise it up a few inchesView attachment 14883
I hate these stems; they're purely a marketing thing. There was nothing wrong with stems before. It's like ten speed cassettes
with a 24T chainring. They've simply reversed the drive train to sell big cassettes, more flexible chains, & more complex
derailleurs. Even when you add a riser your cables probly won't be long enuff to reach the desired height. The bigger
cassettes wear out even faster. A 7 spd freewheel will last 3 times as long. An 11/32 gives more range than I'd ever need.
My 500w bike climbs anything on the two smallest gears. I'd never need to shift if I pedaled a bit harder.

Back