How can I wire in a second battery?

MattBrawn

Local time
1:03 PM
What would be involved with adding a second battery pack to a HeyBike Brawn? A 48v 18AH battery is what this has.

I understand the process of soldering and routing the wires and mounting the additional battery but I'm not sure if this will create any problems. Isn't it as simple as wiring an additional battery in parallel? Maybe I should just spend the $750 for another battery pack instead of trying to save money and messing something up?

-Matt

Welcome to the forums :cool:

There are a few brands of the dual battery discharge balancers.
Some can be used with different voltage batteries but i'm sort of scared and only use the same voltage battery for now LOL

If I had this bike I would mount a Hailong 48v 17-20ah battery to the downtube if there are two bottle mounts it would look very clean like the dual battery Eunorau Defender S or Biketrix Hub Duo and use SparkCycleWorks.com battery blender. It’s very small and may even fit next to the controller in the compartment near the cranks. If there’s no bottle screw mounts consider a 48v 20ah triangle battery it might fit or a rear rack battery.

48v 17ah example:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What would be involved with adding a second battery pack to a HeyBike Brawn? A 48v 18AH battery is what this has.

I understand the process of soldering and routing the wires and mounting the additional battery but I'm not sure if this will create any problems. Isn't it as simple as wiring an additional battery in parallel? Maybe I should just spend the $750 for another battery pack instead of trying to save money and messing something up?

-Matt
I thought I’d pass this on to you so you can try it out to obtain higher speed .
Go into your settings and go to wheel diameter it should be set at 20 which will only give you a top speed of 28 . I have my wheel diameter set at 32 which gives me a top speed of 40 mph you can check this by putting speed level 5 lift the back tire and check the speedometer , hope you find this useful . Arthur E

I purchased the Polar Bear product. Provided your battery uses an XT60 connector (many do), then it is as close to plug and play as reasonably possible.

It is not installed on the bike yet, other things have taken priority.

I thought I’d pass this on to you so you can try it out to obtain higher speed .
Go into your settings and go to wheel diameter it should be set at 20 which will only give you a top speed of 28 . I have my wheel diameter set at 32 which gives me a top speed of 40 mph you can check this by putting speed level 5 lift the back tire and check the speedometer , hope you find this useful . Arthur E

I assume then you are breaking the law wherever you are and don't care ?

Back