hit and run on way home from work on hyper 29 e-mt bike

Local time
12:32 PM
was hit by a car on way home from work, hit and run my hyper e-mt 29 took it pretty well bent crank into frame and bent rims ,bars ,shock on 1 side crushed,was wearing helmet but broke my shoulder in 3 places , so hit and run downtown minneapolis after twins game , now still recovering but am rebuilding the bike with minimal replacement ,forks may be a lost cause but replaced crank arm and straightened rims so far not too bad considering. this bike took a hammering and really saved me from what could have been life threatening damage. im a mess but im proud of the solid design this beast has proven to me. thank you hyper for a good solid build.

Like motorcycle riding, I'd suggest that you do a critical review of the accident. What went wrong, what went right, what alternatives could have been done if other considerations had come into play, exactly what happened (who did what and when) during the accident and after the accident. Write it all down. Fine tune it as you recall more details or gain a better appreciation of what transpired.

There are hundreds of factors that go into every accident. Most of them are not critical. Change one or a few of the details and the accident would not have occurred. Change one or a few of the details and you would not have walked away from the collision.

I've had only one accident and it wasn't anywhere near as dramatic as yours. But doing the after action report helped me a lot. It took my mind off the pain from my injuries. It made it a little easier to accept my mistakes by writing it down on paper, kind of like a confessional. And it helped turn the screw-up into a learning experience.

Seems like you're halfway there. You've done a great analysis of your bike. :)

That's terrible to hear, I'm glad the bike took most of the impact. We're there any witnesses maybe? I hope you get better soon. Stay safe on the roads everyone.

WOW yeah get well soon! If that bike is from this company, https://hyperbicycles.com/collections/e-bikes it might
be good to send them a email letting them know how their ebike save you from more injuries.
Then if they are a helping entity and were to see this, perhaps they would be willing to help with the rebuild :unsure:

Get Well Soon & Ride Safe!! :cool:

Bryan,

Man, that's tough. You're tough, too. Best wishes.
Take calcium + Vitamin D for the bone repairs. Take both.
Neither one alone will do much good. If you don't,
your body will rob calcium from all of your bones to make the repairs.
That would leave all of the other bones weaker.
Any pharmacy has this mix in a single pill, like Citracal. Really.
Make a report to the cops, if you have not done that already.
Some states have a hit-and-run fund, to help the injured driver.
Like insurance companies, they do not like to give away money,
but they do, if you fight for it. The worst they can say is No.
Anybody can be knocked down. The champ is the one who gets back up,
You won't be down long. Cheers.

I was going to remove the @hotmail.com but didn't see where to do that :ROFLMAO:

Back