Himiway still best for the money?

Zeitgeist

Local time
9:34 PM
Himiway is now $1699, is this still the best value for the money?
Looking for first bike

I would say no if you factor in the lousy customer support. Its a great bike if you have no problems but if you have problems you are pretty much ignored and left on your own. They keep saying they're gonna improve customer support but they don't. I went on their Facebook page trying to get help for another member here and they took down all my post and banned me. I would look for another company that actually backs up their product and warranty. I took a gamble and bought a Cruiser and I've been lucky so far with 600 miles and no problems. I'm hoping to make it thru the warranty period trouble free so I don't have to deal with them. And that's not the way an owner should feel!

That’s the main reason I am hesitant .
Looking a the Rad Rover also but their support doesn’t seem much different from reviews I’ve read.

Unfortunately it looks like its a gamble with customer support for a lot of these companies.
One of the reasons I chose Himiway was for the 2 year warranty. But what good is the warranty if they are gonna go into hiding when you have a problem?

Looking for first bike
There are so many new brands hitting the market today that have similar features as the Himiway. But they are new and who knows anything about them.

To answer your question I would say yes Himiway offers what I think is the best value for the types of bikes they offer. Another fact is that they are build by the same OEM mfg in China as the RAD Rover bikes thats why they look so similar.

I have had my All Terrain Cruiser since mid March and so far no issues. In fact it seems to be getting more powerful the more miles I ride it.

I luv mine so far! Hope you also have good luck with yours. And be careful out there people in cars are raging!

Looking for first bike

Customer Complaints with BBB​

52 Customer Complaints and growing! Please look-up Himiway Chino, Ca. on BBB before you purchase.

We ordered 2 Himiway step thru bikes March 8th 2021. They were a month behind the date we were told they'd be delivered. They finally arrived, we had a professional bike shop assemble the bikes. So far so good as we rode them 3 times. When we charged the battery the 4th time, a great arcing spark happened at the connector to the battery and smelled really bad and burnt. The battery no longer would charge.
We contacted Himiway and they said they would send a replacement and we had to send it back. They asked we pay 99.00 for the return of the battery and we thought that was really odd. Here is where everything went downhill. We were told to try a battery shop. No one would touch it. We sent it back and after 71 emails back and forth and MASSIVE lies, we still have no battery months later. We were promised a temporary battery and they never shipped just excuse after excuse.
In conclusion if you get a good bike, lucky you. If you need any help from HIMIWAY, you WILL BE treated horribly

Customer Complaints with BBB​

52 Customer Complaints and growing! Please look-up Himiway Chino, Ca. on BBB before you purchase.

We ordered 2 Himiway step thru bikes March 8th 2021. They were a month behind the date we were told they'd be delivered. They finally arrived, we had a professional bike shop assemble the bikes. So far so good as we rode them 3 times. When we charged the battery the 4th time, a great arcing spark happened at the connector to the battery and smelled really bad and burnt. The battery no longer would charge.
We contacted Himiway and they said they would send a replacement and we had to send it back. They asked we pay 99.00 for the return of the battery and we thought that was really odd. Here is where everything went downhill. We were told to try a battery shop. No one would touch it. We sent it back and after 71 emails back and forth and MASSIVE lies, we still have no battery months later. We were promised a temporary battery and they never shipped just excuse after excuse.
In conclusion if you get a good bike, lucky you. If you need any help from HIMIWAY, you WILL BE treated horribly
I just responded to another of your posting about your issues with Himiway. Who have you been talking to at Himiway. If it's the US based personal there is your problem. I suggest you write emails to each of the two email addresses in China I just posted, go to the source, these people in Chino are warehouse only employees.

Email responses from Jess, Janet, Dimi, Will, Lily, Simon, Belinda, Max, Eric, Mickey, Lenka and any others that lied and said they'd help. I spoke with all these people in almost 80 emails. They claim a battery is finally shipping and it will take 15 days to get to me. It took me posting on the BBB and other sites for them to finally act and do something.

So frustrated with this company and lack of professionalism or help.

Email responses from Jess, Janet, Dimi, Will, Lily, Simon, Belinda, Max, Eric, Mickey, Lenka and any others that lied and said they'd help. I spoke with all these people in almost 80 emails. They claim a battery is finally shipping and it will take 15 days to get to me. It took me posting on the BBB and other sites for them to finally act and do something.

So frustrated with this company and lack of professionalism or help.
Based on what you said of what happened I would be suspicious on the charger, have you tested it with volt/ohm meter? If not have someone who knows about such things test it for proper output.

Sent the battery back months ago and was promised over and over a battery will be sent, as months passed. I had to give them 99.00 ahead of time and send the battery back, which was really odd. I thought they'd honor the warranty but so far they have no parts if a bike does not work.

Sent the battery back months ago and was promised over and over a battery will be sent, as months passed. I had to give them 99.00 ahead of time and send the battery back, which was really odd. I thought they'd honor the warranty but so far they have no parts if a bike does not work.
You should have never given them more money. Should be covered under warranty. These people really suck!

Have this piece not sure what it is , thought it might be a water bottler holder but not sure. The battery sure gets hot when charging hope that normal

Attachments

• 202CE2E9-1307-4683-A8A4-663936C642CB.jpeg
    202CE2E9-1307-4683-A8A4-663936C642CB.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 179
Have this piece not sure what it is , thought it might be a water bottler holder but not sure. The battery sure gets hot when charging hope that normal
It's your derailleur guard.. typically installed to prevent shipping damage, some people take them off, I leave them on my bikes.

Oh and it's normal for your charger to get quite warm (up to 135 F) so I wouldn't worry to much just follow proper safety protocols and you should be fine.. is your charger UL listed?

I don't have a Himiway, but I think that's the derailleur guard - screws onto the frame to protect the derailleur from falls/crashes.

That goes over the derailer to protect it. Use the bolts that are already there.
And yes it is normal for the charger to get hot. I would still not charge the bike or anything for that matter unless I am home at the time and awake.
Just don't trust any chargers, why take a chance.

1632790378576.jpg

Back