Himiway Range Test

I have gotten 26 miles up the steep central Pa mountains using pedal assist and not even dropped one bar with my Himaway cruiser?
Everyone's range can vary quite a bit depending on ambient temperature, terrain, gearing, the rider's weight and their riding styles. I can get, as I reported, usually around 125 miles range easily with my two batteries and the battery blender. I weight 190 lbs and I have a 48T chainring and 11x34 freewheel cluster. I generally use PAS3 and where I ride is a mixture of flat, downhill and uphill terrain. Personally I feel my results are likely right in the mid-range of what everyone might get. Then there's a few that just flat out bulls**t, but that's fine. I'm not into a pissing contest on this subject.

Hi all, I have had my all-terrain cruiser since mid March. Because of the unpredictable weather here in the Northwest and basic laziness on my part I've only put 100 miles on the bike. I've been curious about how much range is 17 1/2 amp hour battery will provide.

So after the last charge of the battery I reset the trip meter and just rode the bike until yesterday when I had gone 28.4 miles and I was down to one bar. The last bar was not flashing which I understand is when you should charge but living in the hills the remaining battery just did not have enough power to really get me up the hills properly.

The 28.4 miles was a mixture of pedal assist and throttle, pretty heavy on the throttle as I get a little lazy and use the throttle. My riding mostly consist of hill climbing and flat ground cruising. The actual climb to get to my home starts at about 50 feet above sea level and ends at over 350 feet. This climb is all within about 8/10 of a mile.

UPDATE 11/2022: Since this post I have moved to Southern California Beach City where everything is basically flat. On a recent battery range test with the same Himiway setup I was able to get nearly 50 miles on one charge having one solid bar left. This was a mix of Pedal Assist, full on throttle and no power pedaling. A big difference fro the test I ran in my home town in the Northwest that had lots of steep hill climbs.
I'm sure things are quite a bit easier now that you're a flatlander :)
I live in the Hill Country of South Texas where all routes are anything but flat. I ride a Magicycle Fat Tire Cruiser almost daily, but I ride primarily for exercise. Maintaining an exercise regimen is much easier when it is also fun, and that's what I love about e-biking. It's not only healthy, it's also a lot of fun.
I find that it works best for me to ride mostly in 1st and 2nd gear and use PAS level 1. The Magicycle e-bikes provide customization of each of the 7 PAS levels, and I have set my Level 1 at 28%. This gives me plenty of power on the steep hills, while still giving me a nice workout. It also extends my range because I'm doing a good share of the work myself. That's a nice bonus from the combination of using low gears and low PAS. Of course, a 52V 20ah battery is also nice. I really like the Cruiser style bikes...very stable and comfortable.
I hope you get to do some beach riding!

Back