Himiway Motor Connector

Hoggdoc

Staff member
Local time
8:27 PM
I have done some research and found the manufacturer for the motor connector on my 2020 Himiway All Terrain.

Note given the supply issues in China these days this may not apply to newer models.

The MFG is called Mutual the part number is L918. Reading the specs for this connector says it is good up to 35 amps which is an overkill as my bikes controller only put out 25 amps. But if Bolton E-Bikes ever get their 35 amp controller upgrade done for the Himiway you will be safe using it.

I was really surprised that Himiway went to the trouble of building this budget bike with such high quality components. I think it shows as I have had zero problems with mine since putting it together. In fact it seems to get more powerful each time I ride it.

That would take the same inquiries for myself as you , great question. I would love to know if u beat me to it

I have done some research and found the manufacturer for the motor connector on my 2020 Himiway All Terrain.

Note given the supply issues in China these days this may not apply to newer models.

The MFG is called Mutual the part number is L918. Reading the specs for this connector says it is good up to 35 amps which is an overkill as my bikes controller only put out 25 amps. But if Bolton E-Bikes ever get their 35 amp controller upgrade done for the Himiway you will be safe using it.

I was really surprised that Himiway went to the trouble of building this budget bike with such high quality components. I think it shows as I have had zero problems with mine since putting it together. In fact it seems to get more powerful each time I ride it.
Hello. I would like to add a 60 Volt 20ah battery to my Himiway cruiser. I've done some research to determine that the controller can handle up to 22 amps. And although the existing controller is listed at 48v, I was told it should easily support up to 62v. I will use a blender to correct the voltage difference. I would like to eventually replace the rear motor with 1000 Watt motor, but I plan on keeping the 750 Watt motor for the foreseeable future. My question is what type of connectors does Himiway use for the cruiser or will I have to cut and solder the two lines together? The connector included with the battery I intend on purchasing is the XT60. Does anyone know of a plug-and-play kit that works for Himiway cruisers? Also if anyone has any suggestions or can perceive any potential pitfalls please let me know.

Hello. I would like to add a 60 Volt 20ah battery to my Himiway cruiser. I've done some research to determine that the controller can handle up to 22 amps. And although the existing controller is listed at 48v, I was told it should easily support up to 62v. I will use a blender to correct the voltage difference. I would like to eventually replace the rear motor with 1000 Watt motor, but I plan on keeping the 750 Watt motor for the foreseeable future. My question is what type of connectors does Himiway use for the cruiser or will I have to cut and solder the two lines together? The connector included with the battery I intend on purchasing is the XT60. Does anyone know of a plug-and-play kit that works for Himiway cruisers? Also if anyone has any suggestions or can perceive any potential pitfalls please let me know.
Have you found what you were looking for yet ? If so what was your solution?

Hello West Virginia!!! Your Neighbor to the east in Virginia here!!

Welcome to our humble home :cool:

I wouldn't chance the use of 60 v battery with stock controller. I haven't verified this but I would be surprised if the controller components are rated for 60 volts across the board. This especially important for the CMos transistors used in the design. The motor should be able to handle the extra voltage as maximum watts applied from a 60v / 22a system would be 1320 w.

Back