Himiway & KBO Color LCD Display Upgrade

antihero

Local time
6:19 AM
Here is a color LCD display upgrade that is compatible with the Himiway Cruiser and Step-Thru, all of the current KBO bikes, and other Haidong based E-bikes. It is a fairly easy plug and play install. It lets you change the max speed, allows pedal assist 1-9 mode, voltage selection + a lot more. Very easy to program for those of you who don't like the factory limitations.

LCD Color Display Upgrade for Himiway/KBO/Other Haidong based E-Bikes

Attachments

• disp1.JPG
    disp1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 288
Has any Himiway Cruiser owner ordered and installed this controller. I'm interested in knowing if it allows changing the current output of the stock Himiway controller.

I have what I believe to be a late 2020 or very early 2021 model before they changed the programming options on these bikes.

Hi there,

it's been a while since this thread has been active, but I came here because I am thinking about buying this display for my Himiway Big Dog. Any updates on that topic since the last posts?

I found the same(?) display on Aliexpress. Has anyone made some experiences with this model/seller? It would actually be more attractive for me due to the lower total price (shipping costs to Europe) and the different controller.

cheers
Bastian

I would be careful of buying from AliExpress as I understand these displays need to be programmed to work with a particular controller on your bike. Has to do with the communications link. I would try getting in touch with the people that the person that wrote the original article mentioned.

Hi Hoggdog,

thanks for the quick reply.
The seller on Aliexpress says the same
1665441286584.png

There are way cheaper ones on this platform as well, but I'd rather go with this one, since the others do not offer specific programming...

I will try to reach out to the guys on the other thread, thanks!

Cheers
Bastian

Back