himiway error 30

carjunkie

Local time
5:16 PM
My display on my himiway with 250 miles went to error 30 and turns off the disp[lay. No power to teh rear motor. I have replaced the controller and the wiring harness as sent from Himiway without any success. Dealing with that company is the pits. No way to talk with a tech on the phone and the customer is left to diagnose his own problem even though its under warranty. Worse purchasing decision of my life. Anyone else have this problem?

Error 30 is usually a communication error between the controller and the display. You've replaced the controller and the wiring harness so it's likely the display. I've seen this also when one of the other inputs is not acting correctly on start up so try disconnecting the brake cut-offs, the throttle and the PAS sensor. If it starts without erroring, add the other inputs one at a time to find the offending item.

An excellent answer from e5dickey!
I had an error 30 on my new radwagon 4 -- we replaced every single component and eventually I had to simply return it to the manufacturer. It was heart-breaking.

An excellent answer from e5dickey!
I had an error 30 on my new radwagon 4 -- we replaced every single component and eventually I had to simply return it to the manufacturer. It was heart-breaking.
Wow, they didn't offer to send a remote service tech to your home?

No they did not. Wouldn't even think of it. They are the worst company I have ever done business with for customer service. And they make you pay up front for the warrantied replacement part with the proimise that they will reimburse you when you return the old part. Yeh right!! If I participated in social media, I would hammer the hell out of them and hope it went viral!!!

I tried to get them to let me just drive up there - it's an hour away, but they wouldn't agree to it. It would have been much easier. Oh, well. I built another trike and converted it so I have my electric trike again. (Just a Schwinn Meridian).

About that "Pay Up Front" for warranty parts.

What has been standard practice for many years is for a company to take a CC, put a hold on the dollar value, ship you the new part, in packing you can re-use with a pre-paid shipping label, as long as they receive the old part within a specified time, usually 15 days, then they cancel the hold, they never actually take your money.

This is normal and reasonable.

Also, with a communication error, there often problems with new model displays, very often associated with spiffy keen colors and graphics. Simple as possible leaves less to go wrong. Often there are multiple options for the display. My "display" has 7 LEDs and two buttons. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it in 8 years and 20,000 + miles.

I was riding up a steep long hill and close to the top my display went to zero and displayed error code 30 for about a minute. I still had power, although it seemed slower. A minute later at the top everything went back to normal and there has been no more trouble. I am a big guy (280 lb.) could this be an overheating problem do you suppose? The bike was working hard battery dropped about two bars.

I was riding up a steep long hill and close to the top my display went to zero and displayed error code 30 for about a minute. I still had power, although it seemed slower. A minute later at the top everything went back to normal and there has been no more trouble. I am a big guy (280 lb.) could this be an overheating problem do you suppose? The bike was working hard battery dropped about two bars.
Typically error 30 means a communication error between the display and the controller. You might wanna trace the wires and unplug all of the connectors you can find between the display and the controller make sure they're clean and free of debris you might even try spraying some contact cleaner in them.

Keep us posted on if that fixes your issues and you have no recurrences. Of course it could mean that you have a problem with the actual display or the actual controller on the bike but the fact that it happened and then fixed itself makes me think more of a physical mechanical connection.

My display on my himiway with 250 miles went to error 30 and turns off the disp[lay. No power to teh rear motor. I have replaced the controller and the wiring harness as sent from Himiway without any success. Dealing with that company is the pits. No way to talk with a tech on the phone and the customer is left to diagnose his own problem even though its under warranty. Worse purchasing decision of my life. Anyone else have this problem?
The customer response from "Himiway" was the reason I CANCELLED my "Zebra" and ordered a Juggernaut from "Biktrix" Oh and it works great

I agree with the terrible customer service, I have trouble since last December and have waited forever for parts and still don’t have a working bike. Don’t understand why they won’t take it back and fix it or replace it was under warranty when this first happened, wish I had bought a different brand! John in New York

I’m having the same issue with my escape. How did you replace the wiring harness - ( aka assembly line ?)

Back