Himiway cruiser won't power down.

Jelj

Local time
8:11 PM
I've got a cruiser with very little time and have issues of not being able to power down. All functions on the controller are frozen and have to disconnect the battery to power down. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Has it always had this issue or has this recently started? I'm assuming the power button on the display does not appear to be functioning - on a new bike this seems odd however tech is not infallable. Have you tried to contact Himiway?

To reset the display to factory settings; on my bike (March 2021 - KD51C-U, I believe the newer bikes are using the KD-51C, manual is basically the same - assuming the process is the same - YMMV);
Turn the display on with the power button
Press and hold the "-" and "i" keys simultaneously
The display will show dEF - n
Press "+" to change the "n" to "y"
Press "i" to confirm the change, the display will reset after a second or two (still powered, goes blank, then displays the default startup screen)

The manual says to press the + and I buttons, this does not work. There are many discrepancies like this, unfortunately some things get lost in the translation. HTH

Thanks for the prompt reply. With 2 bars remaining on the batteries second ever charge that's when the problem started. I then charged back to a full battery and hadn't had an issue until I hit 2 bars again. Maybe coincidental I don't know. Yea I did talk to Hemiway initially and will get back in contact with them if the reset doesn't fix it. After the reset instructions you gave me I took it out for a spin and it shut down normally. Hopefully that was the ticket. I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the prompt reply. With 2 bars remaining on the batteries second ever charge that's when the problem started. I then charged back to a full battery and hadn't had an issue until I hit 2 bars again. Maybe coincidental I don't know. Yea I did talk to Hemiway initially and will get back in contact with them if the reset doesn't fix it. After the reset instructions you gave me I took it out for a spin and it shut down normally. Hopefully that was the ticket. I really appreciate it!
Glad it worked for you!

Interested to know if it does it again at 2 bars. I wonder if your computer is set to the right voltage - sometimes they ship set to 36v rather than 48v. Easy fix and probably not the problem, but never hurts to check. I do know that the battery indicator is all wonky when at this setting.

If you'd like a video - at the 1:45 mark it tells you how to check and set the default voltage on the bike. Shoutout to CitizenCycle.
Otherwise:
Press the "+" and "-" and POWER buttons together. The initial screen is the CURRENT voltage setting (s/b 48), it then shows 36 and shuts off. You just set your bike to 36v. Repeat to reset to 48v. You would NOT repeat this if the display shows 36 on the first screen. If i'm not being clear, this process shows the CURRENT voltage setting and then RESETS it to the second setting (either 36 or 48). Hope that makes sense. Perhaps the video is easier :LOL:

Glad it worked for you!

Interested to know if it does it again at 2 bars. I wonder if your computer is set to the right voltage - sometimes they ship set to 36v rather than 48v. Easy fix and probably not the problem, but never hurts to check. I do know that the battery indicator is all wonky when at this setting.

If you'd like a video - at the 1:45 mark it tells you how to check and set the default voltage on the bike. Shoutout to CitizenCycle.
Otherwise:
Press the "+" and "-" and POWER buttons together. The initial screen is the CURRENT voltage setting (s/b 48), it then shows 36 and shuts off. You just set your bike to 36v. Repeat to reset to 48v. You would NOT repeat this if the display shows 36 on the first screen. If i'm not being clear, this process shows the CURRENT voltage setting and then RESETS it to the second setting (either 36 or 48). Hope that makes sense. Perhaps the video is easier :LOL:

I did check the voltage and made sure it's set for 48 volts. I probably turned it on and off 5 times through the afternoon and never had a problem with it not shutting down. Maybe going back to the factory settings as you suggested yesterday did the trick. Really appreciate your help!

Hi there,
I have a Himiway Cruiser for 18 months now. It has worked well and I've put it to good work.
I live in Patagonia and I ride with it in mud and snow. Hadn't had any issues but today I went to buy and turned it off. When I got back to the bike 10 mins later it was on. "I might have pressed for too short", I thought. Got home, plugged it in and then when it finished charging it went on again.
I thought the buttons could have gotten wet, so I disconnected the battery, disconnected the screen and buttons, opened the buttons and there was a little moisture inside the button's cage, the circuit was dry though. I dried it and put it back together. At first it seemed it worked but after a while... back on.
I did the reset as suggested by @pnwbiker. At first it shut down, but after a while... back on. I wonder what's wrong. Perhaps the controller got wet?

Back