Himiway cruiser voltage settings

Eddiej

Local time
9:00 PM
After only having become a recent Himiway Cruiser I have a question.

I have only completed a few rides and have charged the battery after each ride. That was until a couple of days ago, when I headed out for an 18 mile ride with three bars of power remaining on the console.

5 miles from home the bike lost power then stopped. The battery was drained, despite showing two bars remaining. Trying to ride and push the bike up the 5 mile hill to home, certainly wasn't fun with no power.

Could someone be kind enough to go into the voltage settings on the console and let me know what the correct voltage is for each of the five indicated bar settings.
I have a feeling that mine are incorrect.

File attached showing the required setting menu
20230325_201032.jpg

Here's a YOU TUBE video EXCEPT it's in German. I was wondering the same thing, knowing what you have for battery life is kinda important .
I have email Himiway and I'm waiting for a response. Where did you find that printed above?

I have only completed a few rides and have charged the battery after each ride. That was until a couple of days ago, when I headed out for an 18 mile ride with three bars of power remaining on the console.

5 miles from home the bike lost power then stopped. The battery was drained, despite showing two bars remaining. Trying to ride and push the bike up the 5 mile hill to home, certainly wasn't fun with no power.

Could someone be kind enough to go into the voltage settings on the console and let me know what the correct voltage is for each of the five indicated bar settings.

File attached showing the required setting menu View attachment 8158

File attached showing the required setting menu View attachment 8158
I did the defaults just to make sure and mine gives these voltages for the bars: 41.0, 44.5, 46.5, 47.5, & 49.0. One could play with these to try for a more linear "gas gage". Mine stays at 5 bars so long I get nervous. I see losing one bar at about 12 miles of tough trails. I hope it's accurate enough so I never experience what you did.

My Cruiser manual says to charge the battery after each ride. It has no 'memory' and does not need to be partially depleted before "topping up". I hope that's correct because it's what I do.
I think we are led down the garden path with that 'gas gauge'. Mine stays on 5 bars way long and drops to 4 only after more than half the available miles are gone. I too ride the tough trails and demand bursts of high peddle assist or throttle. I dread getting into steep backcountry after, say, 15 miles and having to push & peddle unassisted to get home.

Back