Himiway Cruiser controller issue?

Smalltownrider

Local time
8:55 AM
Hello Himiway Cruiser riders.
I've been experiencing a problem with mine. This bike is new and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Basically, the pedal sensor or controller is not working right... Because when I stop pedaling, occasionally the motor will start up again and propel me forward for 3-6 seconds. Now this could be pedal sensor or a controller issue. I'm in touch with the warranty department who will send me a new part, but I'm curious if anyone else had this problem and fixed it. Please let me know! It's a real hazard as I could suddenly be launched forward onto a road and into oncoming traffic! Please respond if you know how to solve this.

Thank you!

I've been experiencing a problem with mine. This bike is new and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Basically, the pedal sensor or controller is not working right... Because when I stop pedaling, occasionally the motor will start up again and propel me forward for 3-6 seconds. Now this could be pedal sensor or a controller issue. I'm in touch with the warranty department who will send me a new part, but I'm curious if anyone else had this problem and fixed it. Please let me know! It's a real hazard as I could suddenly be launched forward onto a road and into oncoming traffic! Please respond if you know how to solve this.

Thank you!
Until you get the new part, just apply either brake slightly this will cut the power to the motor immediately.

I have not had this issue with mine. I do find the throttle can be activated rather easily (in other words, you can twist it just a bit and activate the power), but not for 3-6 seconds without realizing/knowing that I was twisting the throttle. Here's hoping you get your issue resolved soon! And that the weather here gets warmer and dryer so I can ride again :)

Thank you!
Yes, I have the same issue. Trying to expain to customer service and they are playing stupid

The weather was finally warm enough that I could ride my Cruiser (purchased in November 2021) for the first time. I rode only 16 kms, but at about the 14 km mark the bike began losing power. This occurred - and reoccurred many times - regardless of the gear I was in or the level of pedal assist. Power would go from full, to nothing, then stutter to full, then nothing again. There was no throttle response. The display would shut down completely. Whenever I restarted the display, it would shut down again. (It is no fun to pedal this beast without at least some level of assist.!) Battery level is 100%.

What is going on? And how to I prevent this from happening again?

Either you are losing the connection to the battery, OR, the controller is activating the LVC protection, detecting too low a voltage on the battery.

Check battery mounts and connections, check for a loose wire to the display or controller, check battery voltage with a meter, and, very importantly, did you charge the battery at all during the 4-5 months it was stored? This, unfortunately, could be the cause of the problem and it is a bad one.

Either you are losing the connection to the battery, OR, the controller is activating the LVC protection, detecting too low a voltage on the battery.

Check battery mounts and connections, check for a loose wire to the display or controller, check battery voltage with a meter, and, very importantly, did you charge the battery at all during the 4-5 months it was stored? This, unfortunately, could be the cause of the problem and it is a bad one.
Thanks for the advice, Nelson37. Battery mounts and connections are all snug - looks OK. Display shows battery level with 5 bars - indicating "full", right? The battery itself indicates "no charge". For now, I have removed the battery and I'm recharging it - we'll see what happens tomorrow.

During the winter I removed the (new) battery, fully charged it, and stored it in the house (at 70*F not -20*F like in the garage!). What were your concerns about battery storage during the winter?

During long term storage, there is a problem where the internal BMS in the battery will drain a very small amount of power, from only one parallel group. Over time, like 3-4 months or more, this small drain can completely kill the entire parallel group, often damaging it such that in can "charge" to the correct level, but drop to 0% at the slightest load, often rebounding back to a seemingly charged voltage.

Charge and test a couple cycles, if symptoms persist, you will likely have to open it up to expose the BMS and test each individual series string and possibly have the battery partially rebuild or replaced. Likely not covered under warranty.

Stored battery should ideally be charged and then partially drained to below 80%, repeat every 1-3 months.

Double-check very closely for a loose connection anywhere on the bike. Very common ebike issue.

Thank you!
mos in the controller is broken。

Back