Himiway Cruiser 52V x 20 amp/hr Plug-and-Play Battery ?

ozzie21

Local time
6:52 AM
I originally posted this in the General Questions category. Now I see there's a Batteries and Chargers category. Sorry for double posting.....
I'd like to get a spare battery to make sure if I go on an extended ride that I'll be able to make it back to my point of origin without having to pedal manually. Despite the Cruiser theoretically being able to be manually pedaled, because of the bike being much heavier than a regular bike and eBike geometry seems to also be not exactly like manual bikes, an eBike is a lot more exhausting to manually pedal than a regular bike. I know I can get a plug-and-play 52V x 17.5 amp/hr battery but ideally if I could find a 52V x 20 amp/hr plug-and-play battery it would be my preference.
So......anybody got a link to a seller that has a 52V x 20 amp/hr plug-and-play battery for a Himiway Cruiser?

To plug and play, all you need is to match the voltage your controller expects, and compatible connectors or install your own. AH don't matter unless too low.

Only two wires, fairly simple. Never heard of Himiway, can't see it from here, no idea what connectors they use, possible integrated controller in which case you are mostly screwed unless you want to buy a second controller, MUCH more difficult to match and to ensure compatibility.

I'm not sure your Himiway is going to "like" the 52v battery as the controller is expecting 48v (48V/30A). I haven't had my bike apart enough to get a look at the controller, it may be capable of a 52v source. I don't know of a 52v battery of any amperage that will plug and play on the bike, the connections on my bike look proprietary and Himiway only sells 48v batteries (as of this date).
You might consider installing a newer battery mount for said 52v battery. Assume that you will have to cut the power wires at the existing battery mount and then connect them to the new battery mount.
If, on the other hand, you are thinking of two batteries on the bike that operate as one battery, the difference in voltage between the two batteries would be problematic. Two 48v batteries would work. But I'm guessing from your post, you want a battery that you swap for the existing 48v when it gets low or runs out of juice on a ride.
Good Luck and Cheers!

I'm not sure your Himiway is going to "like" the 52v battery as the controller is expecting 48v (48V/30A). I haven't had my bike apart enough to get a look at the controller, it may be capable of a 52v source. I don't know of a 52v battery of any amperage that will plug and play on the bike, the connections on my bike look proprietary and Himiway only sells 48v batteries (as of this date).
You might consider installing a newer battery mount for said 52v battery. Assume that you will have to cut the power wires at the existing battery mount and then connect them to the new battery mount.
If, on the other hand, you are thinking of two batteries on the bike that operate as one battery, the difference in voltage between the two batteries would be problematic. Two 48v batteries would work. But I'm guessing from your post, you want a battery that you swap for the existing 48v when it gets low or runs out of juice on a ride.
Good Luck and Cheers!
You're overthinking this. I'm now using the 52V x 17.5Ah battery exclusively and it's fine. I bought it from AliExpress and it's 100% plug-and-play. I'm getting better range, at least 8-10 miles more, which I'm surprised about. I figured I'd get maybe another 1-2 mph top speed cuz usually it's more Ah that gives you better range. I'm also adding another 52V x 20Ah rectangular battery on the rear rack which I'm going to hook both up using a Fusion Battery Blender. Differences between battery voltages doesn't matter when using a battery blender.I'm waiting on one adapter cable now. Watch these videos......

Attachments

• Capture 52V x 17.5Ah Plug&Play Battery.JPG
    Capture 52V x 17.5Ah Plug&Play Battery.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Capture 52V x 20Ah Battery.JPG
    Capture 52V x 20Ah Battery.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 20220729_075231_resized.jpg
    20220729_075231_resized.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 138
I just put up a new posting in the batteries section here showing how I added a second battery to my Himiway Cruiser and I'm running two batteries together using a Fusion Battery blender. I've got a bunch of pics and I explained a bit on how I did it & where I got the parts. Have a look.....

Attachments

• 20220812_185245_resized.jpg
    20220812_185245_resized.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 138
I’m just wondering would the weight of the new batteries nullify the distance gained by the new battery just a thought.

I’m just wondering would the weight of the new batteries nullify the distance gained by the new battery just a thought.
Not really. I can get about 125 miles (200 km) now running both batteries with the battery blender. Some guys have claimed more. I don't know, that's what they're saying. Every person will not get exactly the same results because there are a lot of variables to consider such as rider weight, riding style, bike gearing, weather, type of tires, tire air pressure, what PAS you generally use, terrain (hills, blacktop, gravel, sand etc.), windy or not, what your batteries amps and voltage are, etc., etc. I'm 190 lbs and use generally PAS2 or 3 with occasional bursts to higher PAS for hills. I run a 48T chainring and my freewheel is an 11x 34 and I usually run it on the 34T all the time. My terrain is a mixture of hills and flats on probably equal mix 1/3 blacktop, 1/3 gravel and 1/3 dirt trails.

So what are your thoughts on the battery blender @ozzie21
I have one just a different maker/brand.
Rode in single and low double digits weather recently and it certainly showed it's worth in my opinion. (y)

I agree. Like I said, I have another brand, but I like the one you have so ima buy that one for the 1500w hub drive.

That one has a 52v 40ah battery so am thinkin about getting a 52v 30ah battery to pair with for the 1500w Voilamart hub drive :ROFLMAO:

I really dislike that range anxiety LOL

Stay Safe @ozzie21 :cool:

HP

You'll have a lot more range than I can get. I've got a 52V x 17.5Ah and a 52V x 20Ah and I can get 125 miles so I'm guessing you should be able to get 200 miles easy.

Oh my voilamart hub drive don't get very far actually...i get about 28 miles per charge but it goes 47MPH if need be LOL

That one is for getting places really quick and the silver one...the mid drive gets me crazy mileage of over 140 miles per charge so far..but i have
it turned down alot and only gets up to 26MPH top speed but it climbs hills like a mountain goat LOL

Now i added the aventon aventure to the stable and was not satisfied with it as far as saddle time....now the ride is like being in a
1972 coupe deville caddy :ROFLMAO:

Be back in a bit...that darn prune juice is working LOL
Doing some quick guzintas I figger you should be able to get 150 miles range. Of course as I said, what range you get in reality depends on a lot of the variables I mentioned in one of my earlier replies.

Back