High density lightweight ebike batteries changing the game!

thead73

Local time
1:10 PM
Like it or not the Dawn of the E-bike explosion is upon us. Finally battey tech has evolved enough to have a lightweight high density battery on a bicycle. New factories are making better batteries even cheaper. The New panasonic GA 18650 cells I have are great. NO more heavy or dangerous hobby lipos. These new cells are keeping the weight of the bike down while increasing the range and power output. I cant wait to see what batteries come next.:)

I ride mostly with a new, frame mounted, 17 ah ah GA. In addition, I carry a 6 ah mini, when on rides of undetermined length or steepness. That's for the fatbike, on the e Montague I carry in the plane, I mostly just use the 6'er, I also have two 11.5 ah batteries, also Panasonic, so I can mix and match as required. No range anxiety plus no packing a large battery when only going 10 miles or whatever. It also gives me better use of my solar powered ( grid tie PV) charger. I can be charging one while riding with one. I need to see how far I can go on ALL of them. The Gravelly Range ride in Montana, (correct spelling, google it) from the Ennis Mt. airport is a contender for that.

Battery tech will hopefully keep improving, and at least get cheaper as more are produced.

I only have the one 11.5ah Panasonic Dolphin battery but am eyeing a rack mount 20ah as a part time range extender. Also that 6ah for shorter runs and mini extender. Knowing what wh/mi you get from different avg. spds. helps to better understand how many ah you need. But as pp says if you aren't going far on a regular basis you don't need a big, heavier than necessary battery. But if you want to load on the miles be prepared to load on the weight.

The Gravelly Range Ride looks great! According to my personal wh/mi use 72 miles would be within range with an average spd. of 20 mph with the combo I have in mind. Another one for the list.

Isn't it great to not worry about altitude caused range reductions when planning routes and rides? With ePower 20mi is 20mi no matter where it is! Or, the range on a full charge is the same no matter how high you are ;).

I believe Iron-Oxygene batteries will soon take over for a decade or more. great power-to-weight ratio and quite literally unlimited resources.

I believe Iron-Oxygene batteries will soon take over for a decade or more. great power-to-weight ratio and quite literally unlimited resources.
Interesting! Resources are one thing I do worry about for EVs of all kinds. We worry about how much oil we have, but not about how much lithium….

I’m watching super capacitor technology, myself.

Interesting! Resources are one thing I do worry about for EVs of all kinds. We worry about how much oil we have, but not about how much lithium….

Yeah another worry about lithium batteries it's where the lithium comes from and how much it cost to mine it. Then there's the issue of where does all the electricity come from to charge all these electric vehicles currently the electrical grid has problems maintaining power for existing usages.

I don't believe anything Elon has to say until he's PAID his multi billion taxes IN FULL. That guy is a conman.

Like it or not the Dawn of the E-bike explosion is upon us. Finally battey tech has evolved enough to have a lightweight high density battery on a bicycle. New factories are making better batteries even cheaper. The New panasonic GA 18650 cells I have are great. NO more heavy or dangerous hobby lipos. These new cells are keeping the weight of the bike down while increasing the range and power output. I cant wait to see what batteries come next.:)
I’m looking forward to graphene batteries. That will really replace gas

f*** yeah! Being able to charge in a matter of minutes! But... have you ever seen super caps cook-off? I saw a video of an electric city bus going critical, it was terrifying. You are absolutely right about resources and I'm pretty sure everyone that understands is worried about lithium supplies, everyone but Australia. - https://prnt.sc/yKpkKDhHRTSI

I don't believe anything Elon has to say until he's PAID his multi billion taxes IN FULL. That guy is a conman.
He’s not a con man. He’s an entrepreneur. A builder of huge companies that accomplish amazing things, employ tens of thousands of people and discover innovations that everyone benefits from. The facts that He promotes free speech angers some who are opposed to it. But he’s no con man

He’s not a con man. He’s an entrepreneur. A builder of huge companies that accomplish amazing things, employ tens of thousands of people and discover innovations that everyone benefits from. The facts that He promotes free speech angers some who are opposed to it. But he’s no con man
What has Elon invented or discovered that actually made his companies successful? or does Elon just takes over other people's hard work?

Do you know how much taxpayer money his companies received and how little his companies pay in corporate taxes?

Elon's cutting staff in his companies left & right because of 'recession concerns" or "supply chain issues"; but the world's wealthiest man & business genius couldn't invest his own money into his companies to keep workers & solve these problems on his own?

What has Elon invented or discovered that actually made his companies successful? or does Elon just takes over other people's hard work?

Do you know how much taxpayer money his companies received and how little his companies pay in corporate taxes?

Elon's cutting staff in his companies left & right because of 'recession concerns" or "supply chain issues"; but the world's wealthiest man & business genius couldn't invest his own money into his companies to keep workers & solve these problems on his own?

He’s a businessman. He hires people who invent things and he buys what he needs to be successful. He also makes business decisions for the success of his companies. Those jobs don’t belong to the employees. They belong to the company.
And if you don’t like the tax laws, that’s your problem. Don’t whine about the man who follows them.
He’s a brilliant innovator who has done great things and will do a lot more. He’s leaving the republic of kalifornia for Texas. Which Is a smart business decision.
His battery technology has enhanced the EV industry including ebikes.
I think your hatred of him is based on politics or wealth envy

He’s a businessman.....
It's obvious you have a big'ol boner for the guy, and I truly do not enjoy agreeing with some of the people on this site, but Mr. Musk (along with so many more today) is a sociopath and shouldn't be allowed to have the amount of influence he does over human society. How these people can sleep at night knowing they could be saving millions of lives and simply choose not to is beyond me, I'd love to ask the Pope how he does it. If Musk was to die today the world would keep on keeping on without a single hiccup. The innovation you attribute to him hasn't come out of his head, it has come out of his wallet Greg.

He’s a businessman. He hires people who invent things and he buys what he needs to be successful. He also makes business decisions for the success of his companies. Those jobs don’t belong to the employees. They belong to the company.
And if you don’t like the tax laws, that’s your problem. Don’t whine about the man who follows them.
He’s a brilliant innovator who has done great things and will do a lot more. He’s leaving the republic of kalifornia for Texas. Which Is a smart business decision.
His battery technology has enhanced the EV industry including ebikes.
I think your hatred of him is based on politics or wealth envy
Because the wealthy place lawmakers in office to allow tax laws that favor the wealthy.
The wealthy own the media that turn the poor against each other, to criminalize the poor.
If the penalty of breaking a law is a fine, then that law exists only to punish the poor.
Some politicians are just as much to blame for the systematic racism and injustice to the poor.
Just because something is legal, doesn't make it right; slavery was legal, too.
I'm no business genius like Elon, I don't use Twitter nearly as much as he does and even I know Twitter is full of BOTS & fake accounts.
Maybe Elon should have researched & known the Twitter BOT, fake account situation BEFORE making an offer to buy Twitter?
Suddenly, Elon's version of "free-speech" shouldn't cost $44B anymore, or just Elon failed to do his homework before making an offer?
Additionally, Elon waived due diligence because he wanted the deal fast,
that's just as making an offer to buy a house without inspection; now Elon accuses Twitter of material breach? Such BS.
Musk threw man-baby tantrums when Twitter cracked down on him using the platform to manipulate financial markets long before he made an offer to buy Twitter.
Basically, Elon targeted Twitter for a pump and dump scheme.
Which is the same strategy Elon used for years to make billions, while only paying a few hundred thousand in fines for breaking the law each time.
Elon bought 10% of Twitter in 4th quarter 2021 on the open market.
Elon made a ridiculous $54/share offer publicly (again, illegal market manipulation) making the de facto value $54/share and making a few billion on the shares he already owned.
Elon expected Twitter to decline, because after all it was not for sale. But Twitter called his bluff by accepting his $45 Billion offer.
Elon likely sold his 10% already for his pump and dump scheme, but since they called his bluff & Elon is on the hook to buy hundreds of millions of shares for $54 each when TWTR is trading at half that. Elon locked himself into a multi billion dollar loss, and now he's scrambling to get out of the deal.
Twitter can release more data like he's requesting, but he signed a contract waiving due diligence.
So it still doesn't get Elon out of the $45B offer he made and means nothing.
Elon knew as well as anyone about BOTs, fakes and spam Twitter accounts.
His play is probably to try and crash TWTR stock to make the discrepancy between his signed purchase contract and the market cap so massive that he has a slight chance of getting off the hook in court.
It is Elon's last ditch effort to wreck their balance sheet to get out of a bad pump and dump scheme that backfired on him.
TSLA is down nearly 50% from ATH, and he would be forced to liquidate millions more of his shares to fulfill the twitter deal,
further cratering TSLA and whipping out huge portions of his wealth when his remaining assets deflate.
Elon is a conman who played it too fast and loose and got himself in a position where buying twitter and crashing TSLA will net him a loss of like a hundred billion dollars.
Elon is a self-proclaimed "Free-Speech Absolutist", but Elon is no free speech advocate.
Regardless left or right, if you don't fit Elon's narrative; you'll still get banned from whatever platform Elon gets control of, especially within Elon's companies.
This Twitter take over is just to manipulate the stock prices across Elon's companies & crypto values, in the longer run, to make more money for himself.
Everything Elon does is a PR stunt to benefit himself, his businesses or his agenda.
Elon thinks rules are to be broken; entitlement is when you think rules & laws don't apply to you.

https://www.businessinsider.com/free-speech-absolutist-elon-musk-censors-employees-critics-2022-3

Back