Hi From Western Australia

PatB

Local time
10:25 AM
Hi everyone. I'm based in sunny WA, and have just completed my first 15km ride on my Bafang BB02 powered Trek 800 mtb (photo attached). I'm rather impressed. However, there are a few minor areas I feel I could tweak to render the whole thing even better, so I went looking for information online and found this forum and its associated resources. I suspect I'll be calling on the collective knowledge a fair bit in the near future, especially following Christmas when I'll have a bit of time away from work which will give me the opportunity to get the whole thing dialled in to my liking.
Trek 800 Ebike.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, nice to meet you here. Awesome bike, btw!
Thanks. It was supposed to be my Giant Transend, but, after getting the conversion mostly finished, I discovered a major crack in the ally frame (not impressive after not a huge mileage of not terribly hard use), and the Trek was the first suitable thing that popped up on Gumtree at a price I could afford. As it turns out, I like it much better than I ever did the Transend. Truth be told, the frame is a size or two smaller than I would like, but it will do for now. I just lucked into a larger Mongoose frame on Ebay, which will be built up as an eventual replacement.

Back