Hi all from the Peak District Derbyshire UK.

TheAuldFella

Local time
6:50 PM
Hi all after discovering a flat tyre very early one morning on my normal commuter bike, I borrowed my partners Ebike, well the 15 Mile journey into work was full of cusses and expletives as 80% of that journey is downhill and normally average 18+ mph, so the 15.5 mph limit and 25kg weight was a real pain in the legs, lungs etc, but the ride home uphill into a strong headwind was a revelation, that weekend in May 2018 I got myself a Giant Quick E, now nearly 20,000 miles later it still makes me grin.

Cheers Human Person, after being out Mtbing in the rough and tumble of the local very rocky hills on the old steel hardtail I really appreciate the ease of the Ebike.

Hi all after discovering a flat tyre very early one morning on my normal commuter bike, I borrowed my partners Ebike, well the 15 Mile journey into work was full of cusses and expletives as 80% of that journey is downhill and normally average 18+ mph, so the 15.5 mph limit and 25kg weight was a real pain in the legs, lungs etc, but the ride home uphill into a strong headwind was a revelation, that weekend in May 2018 I got myself a Giant Quick E, now nearly 20,000 miles later it still makes me grin.
Are your UK eBikes actually top speed limited?! They will PREVENT you from going faster? That's dumb.
Here in the states, they just stop assisting us at a certain speed, but they don't resist us going faster. We're finding that

Welcome, from SE Wisconsin, USA.

Back