Heybike Mars Review

Jdaniel343

Local time
3:01 PM
New to ebikes. I bought a Heybike Mars from Amazon. I didn't want to pay much over $1000 for my first bike.

Bike arrived packaged very well. Took about 1/2 hr to unpackage and get ready to ride. Battery did need a charge.

I've been very happy with the bike.

I did change out the seat to a Cloud 9, changed brakes to cable activated hydraulic brakes and probably will change out the rear cassette from 14-28 tooth to 11-32 tooth to offer me more pedal resistance when using the upper PAS modes.

I am 68yr, 165lbs and have put almost 200 miles on in 3 weeks.

Battery holds up real well. I'm sure I can get 40 miles on a charge with PAS, and that with quite a few hills that are fairly steep.

New to ebikes. I bought a Heybike Mars from Amazon. I didn't want to pay much over $1000 for my first bike.

Bike arrived packaged very well. Took about 1/2 hr to unpackage and get ready to ride. Battery did need a charge.

I did change out the seat to a Cloud 9, changed brakes to cable activated hydraulic brakes and probably will change out the rear cassette from 14-28 tooth to 11-32 tooth to offer me more pedal resistance when using the upper PAS modes.

Battery holds up real well. I'm sure I can get 40 miles on a charge with PAS, and that with quite a few hills that are fairly steep.

I just purchased my Heybike Mars. I'm happy with my choice. The Mars is a well-built folding e-bike. I would however like to change out the rear cassette and wondering if you've done it already. If so, where did you order it from and what are the results like? Any drawbacks?

Thank you
Jay

Does anyone know about these motors?!?!
Just bought two mars bikes for my wife and myself. Let me say first off the we absolutely love the bikes and really see ourselves getting into the ebike world. These bikes are programmed with a top speed of 20mph and that’s plenty fast for her! I on the other hand have the need for more power!! The 500w hub motor looks an awful lot like a bafang. Could I change this motor out with a 750w Bafang without having to lace it?

Just ordered the same! Do you happen to know if these tires are tubeless or do they contain tubes? They simply say they’re puncture resistant tires but they don’t indicate how or why they’re puncture resistant. Do they have a sealant in them is it a heavier tube, is there some type of belt in the tire?

Just ordered the same! Do you happen to know if these tires are tubeless or do they contain tubes? They simply say they’re puncture resistant tires but they don’t indicate how or why they’re puncture resistant. Do they have a sealant in them is it a heavier tube, is there some type of belt in the tire?
There are tubes in these tires. They have a liner to protect them. That’s the red you see in the rims.

There are tubes in these tires. They have a liner to protect them. That’s the red you see in the rims.
Thanks for answering that! Do you recommend adding slime to the tubes also, or do the liners alone do a thorough job against thorns?

Welcome, thanks for the review! Glad you're enjoying your ebike!
I am very much enjoying my bike. I bought it in March 1922 and I have about maybe 250 miles on it absolutely no problems . however my son has a 2021 and we’re having some problems with it it needs a new controller and an LCD display. Problem is that a bike has no site where one can access technical information also there is no site from Heybike where you can order parts for your bike. i’m the only help they give you is from their site on selling bikes or selling accessories but absolutely nothing else. If you have a technical problem or need Heybike parts ,you are out of luck. I live in Florida,but no Heybike dealers and no place for OEM parts for Hey bike.

Thanks for answering that! Do you recommend adding slime to the tubes also, or do the liners alone do a thorough job against thorns?
I can’t say for sure. I haven’t had much experience with this bike on trails that aren’t maintained. I have however been riding pretty rough on the trails I have been on! I’ve also been through a few construction sites and made it out unscathed!

I can’t say for sure. I haven’t had much experience with this bike on trails that aren’t maintained. I have however been riding pretty rough on the trails I have been on! I’ve also been through a few construction sites and made it out unscathed!
So you are not using slime?

There are people who love Slime, and people who don't.

Personally, I use an old inner tube as an extra tire liner. My thorns are extremely sharp but very short, so this works well. Slime, not so much. The extra liner creates enough distance so the thorn, more like a needle actually, is not long enough to get to the tube.

Back