Help With Velotric Controller/Display Upgrade

pwaitzman

Local time
12:11 AM
I'm looking to solve a problem that I have with a Velotric Discover eBike that we purchased for my wife. My wife likes everything about it except the immediate acceleration to 8 MPH when she starts peddling from stop (at the lowest PAS Level); that makes things difficult, to say the least, if she's on anything other that a smooth flat surface. On our other bike, a Himiway Cruiser, I'm able to tweak the individual PAS level settings so that their respectful power levels are reasonable; unfortunately, that is not possible on the Velotric. Finding a compatable upgrade kit has proven to be difficult so far and I'm not smart enough about the specifics to know exactly what to ask for. Can anyone suggest a display and/or controller upgrade for the Velotric that I could purchase and install that would allow me to configure the individual PAS levels?

Hi, welcome to the forums :cool:

That looks very similar to an aventon level frame, so you'd probably need to mount the other controller on the outside of that frame.

I think some of our members might have one of those ebikes :unsure:

Hi, welcome to the forums :cool:

That looks very similar to an aventon level frame, so you'd probably need to mount the other controller on the outside of that frame.

I think some of our members might have one of those ebikes :unsure:
There's a spot for the controller. I think that the correct KT controller/display kit could do the trick. I'm just not sure how to determine what is correct.

Attachments

• Stock Controller.png
    Stock Controller.png
    395.3 KB · Views: 135
I'm looking to solve a problem that I have with a Velotric Discover eBike that we purchased for my wife. My wife likes everything about it except the immediate acceleration to 8 MPH when she starts peddling from stop (at the lowest PAS Level); that makes things difficult, to say the least, if she's on anything other that a smooth flat surface. On our other bike, a Himiway Cruiser, I'm able to tweak the individual PAS level settings so that their respectful power levels are reasonable; unfortunately, that is not possible on the Velotric. Finding a compatable upgrade kit has proven to be difficult so far and I'm not smart enough about the specifics to know exactly what to ask for. Can anyone suggest a display and/or controller upgrade for the Velotric that I could purchase and install that would allow me to configure the individual PAS levels?
These cheaper china bikes only have cruise control. I replaced the controller with a kt controller with simulated torque control and it now works well (same controller used in rad power bikes?). affordableebikes@gmail.com in canada supplied most of the parts except for a new headlight and brake levers which I changed because of connector incompatability.

There's a spot for the controller. I think that the correct KT controller/display kit could do the trick. I'm just not sure how to determine what is correct.

These cheaper china bikes only have cruise control. I replaced the controller with a kt controller with simulated torque control and it now works well (same controller used in rad power bikes?). affordableebikes@gmail.com in canada supplied mosst of the parts except for a new headlight and brake levers which I changed because of connector incompatability.

for the 500watt motors (disovery 1) You can buy most of the needed items from affordableebikes.ca and as for miles. Mention parts sent to Kaes. If you decide to do this call me 5613099290 and I'll make the install much easier. My bike now runs like a rad power bike.

Back