help with throttle on 1000w 60v trike

somervillearron

Local time
8:08 PM
hi
im arron first time posting apart from my intro, well my mums husband bought her a 6 month old mobility trike it had a blown motor and a missing controller already!
the wiring was also all cut up so I stripped it down to the frame put in a 1000w motor (old one 600w).

my issue is I am unable to get the throttle to work! I've tried the original throttle and a new one plus I've tried two different models of controller both I was getting the learning function to work PLENTY OF POWER WITH THAT!. I have plenty of experience wiring cars and caravans houses etc so i do know what I'm doing but I'm just not getting anywhere with the throttle i don't know if I'm using the wrong type or what this has been going on for a year!

ill list what ive done

.key wired in and it works
.high level and low level brake
.2 speed has been jumped tried both sides
.unsure what to do with the alarm
.swapped wires around on the throttle (3 wire btw)
.turned self learn on pulled throttle and back again turned off and back on tried different combinations that ive seen on forums I'm stuck
FITTED THE CHARGER AND THE DISPLAY ON THE THROTTLE WORKS FINE
got a trip switch in between the power and the batterys
5x 12v battery making 60v
self learn spins motor in both directions starts forward you unplug the wire and back in it goes the other direction

you see ive tried jumping the rest of the wires some to positive some to negative tried all different combinations i can think of i am wondering if someone can help me here!

ive got a multi meter and many other tools so I'm ready to try anything.

with the self learn on if you pull the throttle it stops the motor and spins it the other direction! but no control whether the self learn is plugged in or not
the key switch is working
this is my first time posting about this anywhere ive followed all guides and other peoples posts with similar issues i can find but no luck! i really don't know what to do

so one controller is a sinewave one one isn't i think i am unsure of that

the one I'm currently using is the one with the diagram on the pic
i can go back to the sinewave one i only changed as i assumed the throttle issue was due to a spark i got from connecting the motor

PLEASE I WOULD REALY APRECIATE ANY HELP AS MY MUM WANTS TO USE IT TO GET TO WORK AS ITS TOTALLY ROAD LEGAL AROUND TOWN ANYWAY AS IT HAS INDICATORS AND FULL BEAM BASICALLY ITS A MOTORBIKE TRIKE BUT ELECTRIC THE FRAME AND SUSPENSION ARE VERY HEAVY DUTY AS ARE THE AXLES

I'm unsure if I'm wiring something wrong or have a faulty throttle or the wrong type the original one is damaged but i could resolder the wires

so the bike has a left and right brake both with two wires
a key with two wires
a 3 speed switch(unwired)jumped just now
a reverse and forward switch also unwired
dsdd.jpg
ddd.jpg
FF.jpg
-508555025-765916285.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

btw with the brakes pressed the motor still runs with the wires in either direction or doubled up(but bearing in mind its in self learn mode)

the throttle in the picture is the same throttle and the screen works as it should as does the key but I cant confirm a 60v one was ordered my mums husband lost the link and invoice but he did know its 60v but he's been known to order different parts than asked by mistake

im happy to buy a new throttle
I also have a few potentimeters (variable resistors) laying around if that would help for testing instead of the throttle as I've seen them on mobility scooters before

also I'm wondering when its all working is there a way i could have a potentiometer to adjust the speed in any way? as my mum is pretty scared of it i would like a way of limiting the speed to walking speed at a max if possible

also reverse could i make that a single speed ie a crawl?

you see I'm thinking I'm misunderstanding the alarm signal wiring that is maybe the issue?

im happy to buy a new throttle
I also have a few potentimeters (variable resistors) laying around if that would help for testing instead of the throttle as I've seen them on mobility scooters before

also I'm wondering when its all working is there a way i could have a potentiometer to adjust the speed in any way? as my mum is pretty scared of it i would like a way of limiting the speed to walking speed at a max if possible

also reverse could i make that a singleower speed ie a crawl?

you see I'm thinking I'm misunderstanding the alarm signal wiring that is maybe the issue?
Are those the battery? Only 2? Running in series that adds up to 24v of DC battery where does 60v come in?
hi
im arron first time posting apart from my intro, well my mums husband bought her a 6 month old mobility trike it had a blown motor and a missing controller already!
the wiring was also all cut up so I stripped it down to the frame put in a 1000w motor (old one 600w).

my issue is I am unable to get the throttle to work! I've tried the original throttle and a new one plus I've tried two different models of controller both I was getting the learning function to work PLENTY OF POWER WITH THAT!. I have plenty of experience wiring cars and caravans houses etc so i do know what I'm doing but I'm just not getting anywhere with the throttle i don't know if I'm using the wrong type or what this has been going on for a year!

ill list what ive done

.key wired in and it works
.high level and low level brake
.2 speed has been jumped tried both sides
.unsure what to do with the alarm
.swapped wires around on the throttle (3 wire btw)
.turned self learn on pulled throttle and back again turned off and back on tried different combinations that ive seen on forums I'm stuck
FITTED THE CHARGER AND THE DISPLAY ON THE THROTTLE WORKS FINE
got a trip switch in between the power and the batterys
5x 12v battery making 60v
self learn spins motor in both directions starts forward you unplug the wire and back in it goes the other direction

you see ive tried jumping the rest of the wires some to positive some to negative tried all different combinations i can think of i am wondering if someone can help me here!

ive got a multi meter and many other tools so I'm ready to try anything.

with the self learn on if you pull the throttle it stops the motor and spins it the other direction! but no control whether the self learn is plugged in or not
the key switch is working
this is my first time posting about this anywhere ive followed all guides and other peoples posts with similar issues i can find but no luck! i really don't know what to do

so one controller is a sinewave one one isn't i think i am unsure of that

the one I'm currently using is the one with the diagram on the pic
i can go back to the sinewave one i only changed as i assumed the throttle issue was due to a spark i got from connecting the motor

PLEASE I WOULD REALY APRECIATE ANY HELP AS MY MUM WANTS TO USE IT TO GET TO WORK AS ITS TOTALLY ROAD LEGAL AROUND TOWN ANYWAY AS IT HAS INDICATORS AND FULL BEAM BASICALLY ITS A MOTORBIKE TRIKE BUT ELECTRIC THE FRAME AND SUSPENSION ARE VERY HEAVY DUTY AS ARE THE AXLES

I'm unsure if I'm wiring something wrong or have a faulty throttle or the wrong type the original one is damaged but i could resolder the wires

so the bike has a left and right brake both with two wires
a key with two wires
a 3 speed switch(unwired)jumped just now
a reverse and forward switch also unwired
View attachment 4537View attachment 4539View attachment 4540View attachment 4541View attachment 4543

View attachment 4536
Those the only batteries? 2 12volt batteries? If run in series that's only 24 volts of battery. That should be about right for that low speed scooter.

Are those the battery? Only 2? Running in series that adds up to 24v of DC battery where does 60v come in?

Those the only batteries? 2 12volt batteries? If run in series that's only 24 volts of battery. That should be about right for that low speed scooter.
I didn't see the 5 x 12v on my throttle control if the set screw is not tight throttle drops out. I assume it's a ground.

Back