Help with battery to controller connection

jojimbo

Local time
7:31 AM
Hi everyone, I'm doing a budget e-bike build to get around after my car broke down. I've got just about everything done but the wires coming from the base of my battery don't match what is coming from my controller. Is there anyway I can fix this?
ebike wires 1.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm doing a budget e-bike build to get around after my car broke down. I've got just about everything done but the wires coming from the base of my battery don't match what is coming from my controller. Is there anyway I can fix this?View attachment 1831
See if anyone you know has some crimp on connectors and connect it all up.

See if anyone you know has some crimp on connectors and connect it all up.
I'll need to cut back some of the covering to make the black side fit but I think i'm missing a connector on the red ones, they don't fit together

I'll need to cut back some of the covering to make the black side fit but I think i'm missing a connector on the red ones, they don't fit together
No you should replace the connector on both sides (male/female). What are the specs on the controller/motor and battery. You need to know how many amps the connect needs to handle. Look for waterproof connector that can handle the current (amps).

Try to get weather proof connectors at an ebike shop. If you can take it, they may allow you to use a stripper or buy one cheap at a Walmart or auto parts. Or have a ebike mechanic do it. Once snapped together, it may be difficult to take apart. Some ebike mechanics will apply kits to bikes properly.

Your alternative is auto parts store. May not be weatherproof. Use shrink tubes and hair dryer, optionally. May also be available at a Home Depot or the like.

Make it easy. Just strip both and solder. Use black friction tape to cover the exposed solder. Rick

Back