Help me build a fast ebike please!!!

Alienlabrats

Local time
12:28 PM
I need help choosing my ebike motor and all the fixins to get the most speed I can and the most distance I can travel . I'm thinking of a crystalyte rear hub motor but I can't figure out which one wou!d be the strongest and fastest . Can I get some expert advice . I've never used this forum so I guess just email me @ barnettdave694@gmail.com . Thanks a bunch !!!

You can get that performance out of a BBSHD and a 2000Wh lithium pack if the frame is able to carry it. Have you ridden an ebike yet? Why would anyone want to sit on a bicycle and not pedal? Also, unless you are planning on riding only on roads, with traffic, a sustained 35 mph is hard to do dude. If you want an electric motorcycle don't look at an ebike. - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADgC6oyPM2gyrCq27

I'm looking for an ebike not an e motorcycle. It's not that I dont plan on peddling, quite the contrary. I am do want the option to not pedal at times without losing performance as I will be using this for a primary form of transportation. I was looking at buying an ar x-class 52v and adding a 2nd battery and upgrading the controller at a later time but I think i may just build one if i can do it much cheaper.

You can definitely do it cheaper and end up with a much better ebike. Find the perfect bicycle for how you want to ride, taking into account that it will be carrying extra weight, anywhere from 25 to 120 lbs, so carbon fiber is out. I recommend using 2" rubber. What you want to do is going to require the largest battery possible, and that means a triangle pack that needs to fit inside the frame triangle. Two smaller batteries won't do the trick. That makes it very tricky when looking for a suspended bike. Find the perfect bike, mount a BaFang BBSHD, a 52-tooth aluminum CNC sprocket, pick the display you want (I recommend a 500C), then hang that big battery in a frame bag and go see how you feel after 100 miles. You should start thinking about a seat right now! You will probably find that 35+ mph on a bike isn't what you thought it would be. Put a Rohloff Speedhub on your Christmas list and then next year upgrade to a Gates belt drive. It's important to remember that depending on where you live this bike will be a Class-3 ebike and not allowed on the majority of biking infrastructure. Some states will required plates and tags, and some countries would only allow it to be ridden off-road.

You can get that performance out of a BBSHD and a 2000Wh lithium pack if the frame is able to carry it. Have you ridden an ebike yet? Why would anyone want to sit on a bicycle and not pedal? Also, unless you are planning on riding only on roads, with traffic, a sustained 35 mph is hard to do dude. If you want an electric motorcycle don't look at an ebike. - https://photos.app.goo.gl/ADgC6oyPM2gyrCq27
I 100% agree with your comment. I think the OP hasn't a good idea of the concept of eBikes. Based on what he's looking for aside from building it it seems he needs an electric motorcycle not an eBike.

I 100% agree with your comment. I think the OP hasn't a good idea of the concept of eBikes. Based on what he's looking for aside from building it it seems he needs an electric motorcycle not an eBike.
I wouldn't mind an electric motorcycle... there might be one in my future, but I want to ride my bike everywhere motorcycles aren't allowed. Unless someone can sit down and study, think everything through, over and over, until they get it right, they usually end up with a bike that doesn't perform as well as they would prefer.

I researched ebikes and what was available at the time (6 years ago) for months before I knew what I wanted. I realized quickly that there wasn't a production ebike built that would do everything I wanted (there still isn't), regardless of price, and that freed me from having to look at them anymore. Deciding on a mid-drive over a hub motor was easy too. I wanted to be able to climb with a large load and use the gearing like God himself intended. We talk all the time. The one thing I didn't want to do was to have a starter bike to learn on and then move up to something better later. I didn't have the time or money to short it. Sooner or later someone is going to build a really great ebike for a reasonable price, until then we have to build our own, and it doesn't come cheap.

I wouldn't mind an electric motorcycle... there might be one in my future, but I want to ride my bike everywhere motorcycles aren't allowed. Unless someone can sit down and study, think everything through, over and over, until they get it right, they usually end up with a bike that doesn't perform as well as they would prefer.

I researched ebikes and what was available at the time (6 years ago) for months before I knew what I wanted. I realized quickly that there wasn't a production ebike built that would do everything I wanted (there still isn't), regardless of price, and that freed me from having to look at them anymore. Deciding on a mid-drive over a hub motor was easy too. I wanted to be able to climb with a large load and use the gearing like God himself intended. We talk all the time. The one thing I didn't want to do was to have a starter bike to learn on and then move up to something better later. I didn't have the time or money to short it. Sooner or later someone is going to build a really great ebike for a reasonable price, until then we have to build our own, and it doesn't come cheap.
I hear what you're saying, but the reality is with the supply problems that we're having today and the increased cost of shipping from China where most of the stuff comes from, it's not likely to happen anytime soon.

I hear what you're saying, but the reality is with the supply problems that we're having today and the increased cost of shipping from China where most of the stuff comes from, it's not likely to happen anytime soon.
Or now is the time to buy stocks that are still available before... I have a spare BBSHD, two spare controllers w/gasket sets, 3 clutches, and a spare throttle.

Back