Help Juiced Newbie Here

jimlehnen

Local time
2:32 AM
The charge screen shows Battery Low. When I turn the battery on the LEDS go Low to High and back to Low. The bike runs fine.
The charger light shows green all the time. It doesn't turn orange/red to indicate its charging. Just green. Had on charger 5 hours. Still shows LOW on battery indicator.
The bike itself appears like new. Local bike shop wouldn't help because they dont sell the brand.

Bought bike yesterday on local CraigsList. Seller rec'd bike from fathers death. No manuals.

Any thoughts???

My guess is the bike at some time went dead flat. Was not kept above minimum voltage. There is circuitry in the battery that will not let it charge. That happens when the battery voltage falls below a preset level. I've killed a battery because of this. My charger behaved the same way.
I'm no expert at this. It is however the first thing I would check. If the bike is from an estate situation there is a good chance it may have sat uncharged for a long period of time.

The charge screen shows Battery Low. When I turn the battery on the LEDS go Low to High and back to Low. The bike runs fine.
The charger light shows green all the time. It doesn't turn orange/red to indicate its charging. Just green. Had on charger 5 hours. Still shows LOW on battery indicator.
The bike itself appears like new. Local bike shop wouldn't help because they dont sell the brand.

Bought bike yesterday on local CraigsList. Seller rec'd bike from fathers death. No manuals.

Any thoughts???
There are a few articles out there on how to restore a dead lithium battery - search "how to recharge a dead lithium battery"

The battery reads 44.5 volts. The charger reads 50 volts. The bike operates fine (up hills fine too).
I've read something about disconnecting the clip on battery pack with charger attached and the reconnecting the clip?

What if any numbers for voltage are printed on the charger and/or battery. Look close.
If that is the battery reading hot off the charger then it is seriously degraded.

There is no simple method, need to partially disassemble the pack, read the individual series strings from the BMS. then individually re-charge or re-pace as needed, or be prepared to just replace the whole battery pack.

First, tell me about the box labeled as "32AH". Some sort of hopefully regulated power supply??

If the battery has been connected to the charger for a significant period of time, the charger will get "hot". If it does not, and did not ever, this is very important information only you can supply.

If the charger light never changes from green, and it never gets warm, then there is no real indication of charging, UNLESS the voltage changes, hopefully going UP after charging.

$1200 is freaking ridiculous. Pretty sure Juiced does nothing funky with the battery, just match voltage and get the right connector leads. Should be $3-400, depending on AH rating and desired expection of quality.

Note the controller cutoff or LVC, of 42V. You are closing in, if it will take no charge at all. If you can at least recharge to 44.5V, still usable for a short period. That you can climb a hill at 44.5 and it does not sag past 42V, assuming the controller LVC actually works, this is a good reflection on the battery having quality cells.

Likely a bad bank, as said above, this is fairly common when it sits for a prolonged period. If you got a spot-welder, and some carefully-sorted replacement cells, MIGHT be worth rebuilding yourself. To pay someone else, hell no not worth it. Considering you would have a combination of used and new cells, questionable whether it is worth doing. Price some new batteries.

Might be worth partial dis-assemble, look for broken contacts, welds popped off, also any fuses. If none, disconnect BMS, wait hour or two, re-connect and test with charger. Not good odds on rebooting the BMS, but before you chuck it, worth a shot. Careful not to get KFF. That is Kentucky Fried Fingers.

The bike currently runs perfectly, and appears to be very nearly as new, but I'm pretty sure the battery isn't/doesn't charge. Therefore I'm not sure if the battery is 'hot off the charger' as you referred to.
Again, the battery reads 44.4 volts. The charger powers on but when hooked to battery the 'on' light stays green (doesn't turn red for charging). I've looked into a battery rebuild = $1200 + shipping!
EBIKE 1.jpg

EBIKE 2.jpg

EBIKE 3.jpg

EBIKE 4.jpg

EBIKE 5.jpg

EBIKE 6.jpg

Quote Reply

J

jimlehnen

New member​

JoinedJun 18, 2022Messages2Points1
Yesterday at 1:59 PM
Also, any idea what the white connector is for in picture #4? It with the controller.

The charger never gets hot. Fan never turns on. Light is always green.
32Ah = 32 amp hours Ibelieve.
I can buy a new Ebike for @ 1500...but I bought this because its a cargo bike. I paid 1000 for this, but seller refunded 500.

Attachments

• EBike 7.jpg
    EBike 7.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 142
The charger never gets hot. Fan never turns on. Light is always green.
32Ah = 32 amp hours Ibelieve.
I can buy a new Ebike for @ 1500...but I bought this because its a cargo bike. I paid 1000 for this, but seller refunded 500.
If it looks new and runs fine I'd just ride it until it dies altogether for $500 but that's just me. Even if you need a new battery and the motor and all of the other components look new you got a decent deal imo. Do you know year or how the person died? Not to be morbid but if it's a 2021 and he died after battling a long illness maybe it didn't see much use and just sat in the garage this whole time

Back