Bafang bbshd gear shifter sensor wire shorted out?

nycebiker

Local time
6:00 AM
Hello, I'm new to the ebike world. Can someone help me w/ bafaang bbshd. Gear Shifter sensor wire from controller, got pinched in bottom bracket mount, melted and shorted out. I tried to reconnect the wires but not even the display powers on anymore.

Leave the sensor completely disconnected, and what do you get?

May need a new controller.

Common problem unique to Bafang. Several brand salesmen post here, perhaps one of them has a solution to this common bafang mid-drive issue? Likely not.

Thanks for the rapid response. I still get nothing. I love it's performance but I'm sending it back b/c all in all, 2 chains snapped, a flat tire, the extra expenses they cause and no power along w/ little support, the Ebikeling 1200w 700c rear hub seems like less torque but more reliability. The bbshd cost to much for so many problems in only 3 weeks.
What's your opinion.

Leave the sensor completely disconnected, and what do you get?

May need a new controller.

Common problem unique to Bafang. Several brand salesmen post here, perhaps one of them has a solution to this common bafang mid-drive issue? Likely not.
Thanks for the rapid response. I still get nothing. I love it's performance but I'm sending it back b/c all in all, 2 chains snapped, a flat tire, the extra expenses they cause and no power along w/ little support, the Ebikeling 1200w 700c rear hub seems like less torque but more reliability. The bbshd cost to much for so many problems in only 3 weeks.
What's your opinion.

Crank-drives are known to suffer from these problems, to anyone who bothers to look and not just buy the hype.

Would not recommend a DD Hub in a 700c wheel unless you are on very flat ground and also a strong pedaler. Large wheel really, really impacts a direct-drive hub. Geared hubs less so.

Back