Hello - query on Powabyke ebike full repair costs

Ebike22

Local time
11:36 PM
I have an old Powabyke - 20 years or older in age.
It has no working electrical parts nor battery, just the bike frame itself.

I am hoping to get the it fully restored and repaired with all new working parts etc... Can the forum tell me how much the anticipated cost would be in total?

Thank you AJ

Hi and Welcome to our humble home! :cool:

What type of Powabike, they have quite a few different styles. 20 years old or older....do they still make that particular style?

Hard to say how much a restoration cost would be :unsure:

Hi and Welcome to our humble home! :cool:

What type of Powabike, they have quite a few different styles. 20 years old or older....do they still make that particular style?

Hard to say how much a restoration cost would be :unsure:
Hello there

Thank you for the swift reply! I'm so glad I managed to find such a forum on here

To be honest my knowledge is very little if not nil and I would be very grateful for all advice that comes through this conversation thread.

The powabyke bike model is a: P26S07280 (does this ring a bell?) I very much hope none of the manufacturing parts for this model type have not become obcelite.... I can upload photos too if it is of any help

AJ

Photos would be good.
I'll do some searching to see what we can come up with on that bike for ya.

HP

Here is their website do ya see anything resembling your ebike?

I've looked on the website link that, you have kindly forwarded onto me, thank you. But alas I can't find a similar design to mine. The one I have is much heavier and bulkier in appearance than the more modified slimline e bike designs. However, all should become clear (hopefully) when I upload the photos tomorrow :)

Yes I believe the battery is was acid lead one I don't have electrical parts to hand to confirm this. Enjoy the bike ride HP! ‍

AJ

Morning HP and all

As promised please see photos below. I'm afraid the ebike in a sorry state condition it needs alot of TLC.

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_093026.jpg
    IMG_20221016_093026.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20221016_093019.jpg
    IMG_20221016_093019.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 111
Hi HP,

I can't do anything as such at the moment as I'm still recovering from covid but at least it's looking hopeful

ok, so you could get a Voilamart hub drive kit or any one of numerous rear hub drive kits.

Then wow, you could put a good sized battery like 52v 30ah in that slot mid frame there.

That would get ya in the saddle and on the road :cool:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hello HP,

Update for you: I emailed Powabyke company with regards to the ebike model and sadly the advisor explained that most of the replacement parts are now obcelite and discontinued. The advisor then suggested to look on ebay where I might be able to source the parts I require.

Hello HP,

Update for you: I emailed Powabyke company with regards to the ebike model and sadly the advisor explained that most of the replacement parts are now obcelite and discontinued. The advisor then suggested to look on ebay where I might be able to source the parts I require.
Ok. Keep us posted on your progress :cool:

Back