Hello, just bought one. (Vtuvia WTVA)

Slogger

Local time
5:21 AM
I'm a retired electrical/automation tech and a veteran of the USAF, life long motorcyclist now retired from that, too.
I sold my motorcycle and used part of the cash to buy one of these bikes. I want to slow down, go places motorcycles aren't allowed, get some exercise and ride something with some fun built in, so I got a folding fat tired bike. Made by Vtuvia and called a WTVA, it's matte black, 750 watt (they say) with a decent 48v 13AH battery.
The bike's rear brake is dragging and I want to install some liners and sealant so I haven't ridden it but a couple hundred feet. I adjusted the caliper mount parts, filed some clearance on a boss that stuck out near the disc because it was touching it and I think I have that trouble sorted. I got the tuffy liner in the rear and some Armor-dilloz red sealant in the tube. Tomorrow I'll do the front wheel and it should be ready to ride. I've been setting u-p the controller parameters to suit me, which was pretty fun. These things are cool.
I got all sorts of accessories for it (might as well, no m/c left to waste money on) and am having a pretty good time for an old fart.
Thanks for having me, I'll be a lurker for a while til I learn some stuff.

Enjoy your new eBike...sounds like you’re on your way!
#HimiwayCruiser
648BD35A-C90A-4F6B-A5FB-0F1408C09640.jpeg

Welcome! :)

Here is my crazy DIY 1500w Voilamart project, the first 2 images are before the controller box mouted to the battery box.

View attachment 1481

View attachment 1482

View attachment 1483

View attachment 1489

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP
@HumanPerson - I like it! It's like Doc Brown (played by Christopher Lloyd) from Back to the Future took a bike and said, "Here ya go Marty!" Ha, Ha! That controller on the right side looks a little intimidating but overall I'd say "Well done Sir." What does this beast weigh in at or do you know? I imagine without the bags it's still 14-19 lbs lighter than my Hemiway Cruiser at 70 lbs. How does it feel, scary fast?

So far going down a hill with max assist the highest reading I've seen on my display was 39.4 MPH but at that point I am thinking "Don't eat it on asphalt" and "You know, hydraulic disc brakes would be awesome right about now." Stay safe and keep the pedal moving!

@HumanPerson - I like it! It's like Doc Brown (played by Christopher Lloyd) from Back to the Future took a bike and said, "Here ya go Marty!" Ha, Ha! That controller on the right side looks a little intimidating but overall I'd say "Well done Sir." What does this beast weigh in at or do you know? I imagine without the bags it's still 14-19 lbs lighter than my Hemiway Cruiser at 70 lbs. How does it feel, scary fast?

So far going down a hill with max assist the highest reading I've seen on my display was 39.4 MPH but at that point I am thinking "Don't eat it on asphalt" and "You know, hydraulic disc brakes would be awesome right about now." Stay safe and keep the pedal moving!
Not sure but somewhere around 65-75 pounds with empty bags.
Just cruising at 35 is good for me when needed LOL You're right though, after about 40mph it gets scary :D

Just the stock Voilamart 1500w kit with a 48v 30ah BTRpower battery on a 29'er schwinn glenwood that has the 26" hub drive motor in the back.

Been getting around 37 miles per charge which seems ok lol but that is all throttle no PAS.

How's that Hemiway Cruiser workin out for ya? I really like the looks of your bike :)

HP

Humanperson, that is a real piece of work. Looks like a Frankenbike!
That would be too fast for me. I intend to just ride mine like a bicycle that's easy to pedal.
Sort of is a Frankenbike :D

Been a project to say the least. Not sayin i go that fast all of the time, it's just there if needed.

I like the pulling up hills that i couldn't have peddled up before, and the miles per charge of course ;)

Just do what suits you best and makes ya Happy my Friend :)

How do ya like those folding bikes?

HP

Not sure but somewhere around 65-75 pounds with empty bags.
Just cruising at 35 is good for me when needed LOL You're right though, after about 40mph it gets scary :D

Just the stock Voilamart 1500w kit with a 48v 30ah BTRpower battery on a 29'er schwinn glenwood that has the 26" hub drive motor in the back.

Been getting around 37 miles per charge which seems ok lol but that is all throttle no PAS.

How's that Hemiway Cruiser workin out for ya? I really like the looks of your bike :)

HP
@HumanPerson - Sounds awesome! Minus the bike itself do you figure you have $750-$850 in it? That 30aH battery is solid.
Really like the Himiway Cruiser as I use it to commute to work on 20-22 mile round trips on various terrain, big hills as well as to cruise on the coast on the weekends. Fun to ride on the sand but most of the first 320+ I’ve done on it has been on asphalt and some trail riding on decomposed granite. The fat tires are forgiving to potholes and uneven pavement at high speed too. Overall I highly recommend the bike. I do tip my hat to guys and ladies who repurpose older bikes into eBikes. That is sustainability at it’s best honestly. Cheers!

@HumanPerson - Sounds awesome! Minus the bike itself do you figure you have $750-$850 in it? That 30aH battery is solid.
Really like the Himiway Cruiser as I use it to commute to work on 20-22 mile round trips on various terrain, big hills as well as to cruise on the coast on the weekends. Fun to ride on the sand but most of the first 320+ I’ve done on it has been on asphalt and some trail riding on decomposed granite. The fat tires are forgiving to potholes and uneven pavement at high speed too. Overall I highly recommend the bike. I do tip my hat to guys and ladies who repurpose older bikes into eBikes. That is sustainability at it’s best honestly. Cheers!
I've got around $500.00 with the bike and the kit. Then the battery was around $400.00 when i got it.
New bars, bags lights and accessory bar along with some other tools and gadgets i believe it's around $1100.00

I ride alot on pavement and often wondered about those fat tires, but i keep thinking about all of that rolling resistance, it isn't bad mate?

HP

Sort of is a Frankenbike :D

Been a project to say the least. Not sayin i go that fast all of the time, it's just there if needed.

I like the pulling up hills that i couldn't have peddled up before, and the miles per charge of course ;)

Just do what suits you best and makes ya Happy my Friend :)

How do ya like those folding bikes?

HP
I thought it was pretty well built, when I actually rode it I found out it had a dragging rear brake, a grabastic front brake and the plastic front fender had stays mounted crooked so it will have to be re-drilled or replaced with a less ugly unit.
The rear brake had a caliper with a boss that stuck out far enough to rub against the disc so I filed it down then adjusted the parts that were slotted, got it fixed. The front had a disc with a hundred holes drilled but none of them had been chamfered so their sharp edges were eating the brake pads and locking it up. I spent about an hour using a chamfer from my old job to do them all by hand, so as not to damage the rotor.

I rode it a little ways today and it is weird riding a bike with no effort. I think it's going to be just what I wanted, once it is all set up and working.
The motor seems strong enough and the fat tires ride smooth. The folding will let me take it to fun places to ride it and store it without taking up too much space. It's an ugly little thing, though. ;)

I'm a retired electrical/automation tech and a veteran of the USAF, life long motorcyclist now retired from that, too.
I sold my motorcycle and used part of the cash to buy one of these bikes. I want to slow down, go places motorcycles aren't allowed, get some exercise and ride something with some fun built in, so I got a folding fat tired bike. Made by Vtuvia and called a WTVA, it's matte black, 750 watt (they say) with a decent 48v 13AH battery.
The bike's rear brake is dragging and I want to install some liners and sealant so I haven't ridden it but a couple hundred feet. I adjusted the caliper mount parts, filed some clearance on a boss that stuck out near the disc because it was touching it and I think I have that trouble sorted. I got the tuffy liner in the rear and some Armor-dilloz red sealant in the tube. Tomorrow I'll do the front wheel and it should be ready to ride. I've been setting u-p the controller parameters to suit me, which was pretty fun. These things are cool.
I got all sorts of accessories for it (might as well, no m/c left to waste money on) and am having a pretty good time for an old fart.
Ha there Slogger... I too am a retired electrical/automation (Pulp Mill-20 years, Refinery-15) USAF vet... I'm having lots of fun with the mechanical and controller programing of my eTrike adaptation.... as it goes "...I'm on the road... again..." Dave

More fun than a motorbike I built with one of those Chinese 2 stroke engines clamped on it. The one I had was always cold natured and I had to pedal hard up and down the street to start the dern thing sometimes. Mixed gasoline, hand clutch, no torque, geared too tall, noisy, air filter fell off piece of junk. The Ebike is what I needed all along. They were more expensive back then, I remember that much.

my pedal assist (PAS) on my V-SF20 VTUVIA stopped working. everything else seems to work fine. can anyone suggest a solution? thank you.
rebgolf@nc.rr.com

my pedal assist (PAS) on my V-SF20 VTUVIA stopped working. everything else seems to work fine. can anyone suggest a solution? thank you.
rebgolf@nc.rr.com
Here's a link to an ebay page where the sensors are sold, you could find one to match what's on your bike for about $15 or less. Or look up the vtuvia site and contact customer service and ask them about it.
Hope you get it working!
Assist sensors

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have about 90 miles on my bike now, and I have some range/speed updates. I lowered tire pressure to 18 pounds to smooth the ride, it didn't seem to hurt the range at all.
I can go about 25 miles on a charge, rides of about 5 miles each, and when the battery is fully charged it is 54.4V and the bike will reach 33 mph on the throttle. Faster than when it was new. On the bike paths I leave it on Assist 2 (of 5) so my cruising speed is about 13. On a 25 mph limited street I do my top speed tests, once each ride. Those gears start to sing at high speed. I may open it up for a little grease.
When the battery has 2 bars left, flashing to one under load, it will still go about 26.5 mph on flat ground. I've never ridden it til it was dead since that may be pretty hard on the battery. 25 miles is good enough for me. All in all, it's a good bike.
I've added a suntour shock absorbing seat post with the heavier spring and it rides a lot nicer. Keeping the initial purchase price down allowed me to spend some bucks on upgrades, like that post and the liners.
No flats so far- knock on wood!

Here's a link to an ebay page where the sensors are sold, you could find one to match what's on your bike for about $15 or less. Or look up the vtuvia site and contact customer service and ask them about it.
Hope you get it working!
Assist sensors
thanks for your reply and help! are these sensors easily replaced? i'm not what you call "gifted" when it comes to bike repairs and electronics.
reb

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You have to pull the crank arm off the bike, I think you need a special tool. Any bike shop can do that for you pretty quickly, though.
Before you order anything it would be a good idea to look at your sensor and its connector so you can get one that will work.
Mine is a 12 magnet sensor, just a black plastic ring with a cable. The connectors for it (on my bike) are stuffed in the controller's box near the cranks.

Back