Hello from Eagle River Wisconsin

Pickinator

Local time
4:05 PM
I am new to the idea of e-Bikes, have not purchased yet, but used to do a lot of Biking as a Kid and younger adult. I went everywhere on my 10 speed bike back
in the day.

My wife and I are older now and interested in getting back into it and we like the Idea of having a little help in the form of a push up a tougher hill. I have read some of the posts here and am impressed with the knowledge being shared and recommendations.

We are still tire-kicking sort-of. There are a posters that do reviews of eBikes on Youtube that we found to be informative.

Up to this point, we are leaning towards the Cyrusher xf-650. The reviews are good and $1,500 each seems OK. 750 watt and 26mph seems OK too. We are not looking
for speed, but rather just a little help with the big 4" tires. Is the reputation of Cyrusher generally positive here at the Forum.

We are open to suggestions and advice, but mainly wanted to say Hello from Northern Wisconsin, where the Lake ice has only been gone for about (2) weeks.

Hi and Thanks

We Took the Plunge and bought (2) Cyrusher Xf-650's, with the upgraded Batteries. (48 volt 17 amp hr)
I went for the Blue. My wife Kristine went for the Red.

We watched a number of YouTube videos. The Cyrusher seemed to be liked be all of
the reviewers.

It took less than a week to get both of them. We upgraded the batteries ($100) each to go from 48 volt 13 amp hours to 48 volt 17 amp hours. They threw in a rack bag for each bike. The bikes came very well packaged and the build quality of the bikes are very good.
I also like the rated distance on a charge of 62 miles with pedal assist.

The bikes look very cool. They are big. I would not recommend for smaller people. We went with the XF 650s because we didn’t want the rear shock. That is the main difference between the 650 and the more-expensive 800 and 900; (along with brakes).

Those are pretty much the reasons For. We also watched videos on the others Rad, Cool... We just didn’t like the reviews and wait times.

My first choice might have been the Frey but at $4,000 vs $1600, we went with the Cyrushers and bought (2) and saved some cash. My wife loves hers. She is 5’10” and I am 6’2”. We intend to ride on mostly paved roads and are nearing retirement and just looking for a fun way to stay in shape (with a boost for the uphill climbs).

I hope this helps.

...The Cyrusher seemed to be liked be all of the reviewers.

...They threw in a rack bag for each bike. ...I also like the rated distance on a charge of 62 miles with pedal assist... ...My first choice might have been the Frey but at $4,000 vs $1600...

I hope this helps.
I'm always curious why people choose the ebikes they ride. 90% of the time it seems to come down to 3 things... price, the drastically exaggerated range that all sellers list, and thinking they won't have to do any of the assembly or maintenance themselves. I hope you are still happy with your choice this time next, ride safe.

Time will tell. Price/money is an object. I suspect distances may be exaggerated or only true if I do my part pedaling.

Time will tell. Price/money is an object. I suspect distances may be exaggerated or only true if I do my part pedaling.
Try and remember it's not an electric motorcycle, ride it like a bike with an electric motor for assist. Ride safe.

I am new to the idea of e-Bikes, have not purchased yet, but used to do a lot of Biking as a Kid and younger adult. I went everywhere on my 10 speed bike back
in the good day.

My wife and I are older now and interested in getting back into it and we like the Idea of having a little help in the form of a push up a tougher hill. I have read some of the posts here and am impressed with the knowledge being shared and recommendations.

We are still tire-kicking sort-of. There are a posters that do reviews of eBikes on Youtube that we found to be informative.

Up to this point, we are leaning towards the Cyrusher xf-650. The reviews are good and $1,500 each seems OK. 750 watt and 26mph seems OK too. We are not looking
for speed, but rather just a little help with the big 4" tires. Is the reputation of Cyrusher generally positive here at the Forum.

We are open to suggestions and advice, but mainly wanted to say Hello from Northern Wisconsin, where the Lake ice has only been gone for about (2) weeks.

Hi and Thanks
good to know the info thanks.

Good Luck! I bought an E-bike because I already walk 17,000 to 20,000 steps a day for my job and just like to cruise the 64 miles of trails in my city!

Back