hello from charlotte

timmytheg

Local time
6:18 AM
ok where to start, picked up an amazon return 26inch cliensy fat tire mountain bike 36 volt , missing battery and charger with wiring pulled out.
the good, got a new battery and charger, obvious wiring, power and 3 phase, hall connector and 6 pin display.

my issue is with the 4 three pole connectors, i have lights and horn and display showing error code 8 ,i have pedal assist from motor ,but no straight battery power or throttle.
i am running in to dead ends for a schematic and went to a bike shop and was told i would need an electrician ,from controller i have 2 connections joined orange/ black and common green, also have a green with red stripe ,red and black feed and third red yellow blk.
i believe the red yellow and blk are the pedal assist which goes to yellow blue red to bike. then i have 3 left have 2 red black green and one blue red black anyone have a similar that might know the correct wiring from there any and all help would be appreciated.

Geez, between the poor grammar and your having bought some cheap Chinese junker, it's hard to help you.

Try to be a bit clearer. Maybe a line break here and there. We have NO idea what the heck you're saying here.

I WANTED to help, but there's not enough here. Sorry. :-(

A link to the bike maybe, and whatever documentation you have, might allow us to help.

I WANTED to help, but there's not enough here. Sorry. :-(

A link to the bike maybe, and whatever documentation you have, might allow us to help.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
timmytheg: what did the seller say when you contacted them about it? Seems like you were able to contact them and get help before when it was missing the battery & charger, so maybe they will help again. (since they've obviously sold you a used bike, which someone stripped the parts from)

Just curious.

Re. this part:
my issue is with the 4 three pole connectors, i have lights and horn and display showing error code 8 ,i have pedal assist from motor ,but no straight battery power or throttle.
It sounds like it was shipped as Level 1 only, so it would comply with the most laws. I think you will need to reach out to the seller to figure out how to unlock Level 2 or 3.

thanks for taking the time to reply it is similar to what HumanPerson linked ,i have asked for a wiring diagram.
That is really all in need. I bought it from a reseller of returned items. It is a project and i knew it would be .

thanks for taking the time to reply it is similar to what HumanPerson linked ,i have asked for a wiring diagram.
That is really all in need. I bought it from a reseller of returned items. It is a project and i knew it would be .
Ah, that's good news then. It didn't sound like that from your first post.

I hope you can find the schematic.

I wonder if it is a generic controller, and you might be able to find it somewhere on the web...

Good luck, man!

There are a few obvious wires, the sometimes 3 biggest power the motor( color code can mean little) one little wire can be speed limiter, a pair of small 2 wire connectors are usually the motor-brake cutouts, if you are brave enough to attempt to power the controller up you can usually find the accesories wires with a volt meter,does the display connector even match a set of wires coming out of the controller? Generic controllers can throw you for a loop,I had this problem on a fairly name brand bike once, of course the color code was basically meaningless, finally got it working by eliminating the obvious and using some logic on the rest, fun fact some controllers have many more wires than you need( be patient or recycle) and of course there is the obvious power wires to the controller itself.

Back