Hello from Canada

Frank Discussion

Local time
6:21 AM
Hello all, I am a new member from Ontario Canada and just got my very first electric bike/vehicle. I am 60 years old and have been an avid cyclist most of my life. I recently decided to try electric cycling and after doing a little research I decided due to my current living conditions I would opt for something small and light yet capable of running errands after work or on weekends. I wanted a small bike I could easily store it in my small apartment to charge it. I do not have a car and rely on public transit to get to work and home daily. The last week or so I have been checking my local "buy & sell" site for ebikes and came upon one brand new still in the box which the seller was gifted but didn't want so after some emails back and forth the seller delivered a brand new Jetson Bolt Pro "folding" ebike to my place yesterday morning.

Now these particular ebikes are sold at Costco here and in the USA and around the $300-$400 range. I must say after setting it up put of the box and charging the battery I spent an hour on it today tooling around and hitting the drug store for snacks and... this thing is the bomb! I rode around 5-6 miles using both pedal assist and the throttle and it was quick and pretty responsive. Once I got used to it's quirky ergonomics and using the throttle control in combination with pedal assist I became more confident on it. I didn't use the cruise control function other than to test it out. I took it to a couple of places I usually ride my mechanical bike and was able to cover quite a lot of ground in an hour. There is no way I could of gone to the places I did today on my mechanical bike in an hour like I did today on this little ebike. It's also easy to carry in and out of my apartment when needed and with the handle bar stem in it's folded down position it doesn't take up much space. After my hour trip on it the battery indicator was down to 2 out of 4 lights so not a bad range for my needs. A couple of things I did notice are that I need padded cycling gloves and a much wider and comfier seat but other that than that I loved riding it. I can't wait for warmer weather as I will certainly be using this bike a lot!

IMG_20220417_132317.jpg

Hello all, I am a new member from Ontario Canada and just got my very first electric bike/vehicle. I am 60 years old and have been an avid cyclist most of my life. I recently decided to try electric cycling and after doing a little research I decided due to my current living conditions I would opt for something small and light yet capable of running errands after work or on weekends. I wanted a small bike I could easily store it in my small apartment to charge it. I do not have a car and rely on public transit to get to work and home daily. The last week or so I have been checking my local "buy & sell" site for ebikes and came upon one brand new still in the box which the seller was gifted but didn't want so after some emails back and forth the seller delivered a brand new Jetson Bolt Pro "folding" ebike to my place yesterday morning.

Now these particular ebikes are sold at Costco here and in the USA and around the $300-$400 range. I must say after setting it up put of the box and charging the battery I spent an hour on it today tooling around and hitting the drug store for snacks and... this thing is the bomb! I rode around 5-6 miles using both pedal assist and the throttle and it was quick and pretty responsive. Once I got used to it's quirky ergonomics and using the throttle control in combination with pedal assist I became more confident on it. I didn't use the cruise control function other than to test it out. I took it to a couple of places I usually ride my mechanical bike and was able to cover quite a lot of ground in an hour. There is no way I could of gone to the places I did today on my mechanical bike in an hour like I did today on this little ebike. It's also easy to carry in and out of my apartment when needed and with the handle bar stem in it's folded down position it doesn't take up much space. After my hour trip on it the battery indicator was down to 2 out of 4 lights so not a bad range for my needs. A couple of things I did notice are that I need padded cycling gloves and a much wider and comfier seat but other that than that I loved riding it. I can't wait for warmer weather as I will certainly be using this bike a lot!

View attachment 3379
Welcome sounds like you found the perfect bike for your needs. Enjoy!

Welcome! Amazon is selling a similar model around that price, I was looking at it.

I can’t decide if I’d get more or less exercise on my e-bike than regular one. So far It’s a trade off: I COULD go just as far on my mechanical bike, but I don’t. I’m just not serious enough about it, I guess. I do notice that it takes a lot less time on an e-bike, though, and I don’t mind shopping on it.

Back