Hello everyone, I'm old and set in my ways, if I want it, I'll build it.

waynepmyers

Local time
10:50 PM
When I first looked at eBikes, I thought, the best way to know how to fix them is to build it in the first place. I had a few false starts, then I bought the Stealth Bomber frame, it's a full suspension bike that is built with eBike in mind. Then I looked for a motor, I thought Bafang was highly over rated and under powered, so I looked at Luna, the Cyclone 3000 was what I was looking for. I'm still in process of building, but it's been a good learning experience.

Hi Wayne and welcome to the forum.

The Cyclone 3000W is heavier and louder than the Bafang's, so that's why a lot of people choose the Bafang. Also the Bafang BBSHD is already operating at a power level that strains bicycle chains and sprockets. Given you're doing a self build, I'm sure you've factored all this in. If not, you will easily be able to switch parts out since you will know every part of your ebike. Good luck with your build!

Hi Wayne and welcome to the forum.

The Cyclone 3000W is heavier and louder than the Bafang's, so that's why a lot of people choose the Bafang. Also the Bafang BBSHD is already operating at a power level that strains bicycle chains and sprockets. Given you're doing a self build, I'm sure you've factored all this in. If not, you will easily be able to switch parts out since you will know every part of your ebike. Good luck with your build!
Thanks for the well wishes, yes I have heavy duty chains and sprockets designed for E-bikes and if that doesn't work I'll use motorcycle parts. I like knowing my systems from the ground up and the best way is to build it yourself, at least in my experience. Thanks again!

Back