Hello ebike community! I love Cargo ebikes and one of my hobbies is reviewing ebikes on youtube

top5ebikes

Local time
9:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been riding ebikes for almost 3 years. I had a Yuba Mundo cargo ebike and when my second daughter was born, I decided I needed a bit of help in the form of a cargo ebike. I also review ebikes (affordable ebikes in the $1-3k range) as a hobby and side gig (https://www.youtube.com/c/Top5ebikes). I'm here to get feedback/answers from others when I have questions and provide any feedback I have when others are asking questions so not here to promote my channel.

My current favorite ebikes are the Lectric XPedition, Aventon Pace 500.2, Aventon Aventure.2 and Ride1up Revv1.

Wow!, no disrespect a good way to to get free Ebikes. Thank you for concentrating on the lower end of the scale.[ Live long and prosper, may the suspension fork be with you] My apologies if you have to buy the bikes:cool:

Wow!, no disrespect a good way to to get free Ebikes. Thank you for concentrating on the lower end of the scale.[ Live long and prosper, may the suspension fork be with you] My apologies if you have to buy the bikes:cool:
I like expensive ebikes but personally I don't want to spend 5-10k + on a bike...I also think this market of $1-$3k ebikes can be life changing for some people. If a $1k gets you riding a bike for the first time in years (or ever) then that's a great bike for that person and I also think we haven't tapped into ebikes for transportation here in the US so these affordable ebikes can help people who can't afford a car get to work or school instead of walking a few miles or taking the bus.

It was very surprising how early brands started hitting us up...we bought the first 6 or 7 ( a couple of juiced bikes, ride1up's, KBO, Rad) on our own without any contact from brands...these days we still buy some bikes but those are ones where the brands doesn't want to send us one bc we're not big enough or is ignoring us haha. So It's a combination of free ones, discounted and 100% we buy them. We also reject probab more than half the inquiries bc there is nothing special about the bike, the bike is overpriced, it looks like a company that won't around, cookie cutter ebike, etc.

Our channel is small (2k subscribers and its taken us almost 3 years to get to this point) so we don't get first dibs on new ebikes and we don't get paid a fee for the videos (big channel usually get paid $1k-$5k fee + ebike + higher commission on referral of sales in exchange for content)...for me it's been super fun to ride a ton of ebikes and keep on riding the ones I really like.

Thanks for your service and I totally agree, there is this older Guy who rides around on a small Nakto( do not know the model) in a town where I conduct business alot of People would turn their nose up at His affordable ebike it serves Him well and I was glad to hear His experience. I even considered buying a Nakto a time or two( with an idea of maybe modifying it) several things I liked about it, steel frame( I believe) . low cost ,stepthru and not so pretentious.Have had good service with the Ecotric brand, currently rebuilding a
Peacedove".

I am more of an auto-replacement kind of rider, so I do the bigger cargo bike. As a big proponent of the platform I have been very much encouraged by the release of the latest crop of cargo bikes in the USA, including the ones @top5ebikes cited.

This is my main daily driver. I use it for all riding, not just shops. Today I need to run to the bank to do a deposit, and then Home Depot to get some parts for a home electrical project. Yesterday went over to the DMV to deal with my car registration. Took this pic a few days ago. I take locked-up pics every time at any stop as my insurance requires it is locked to a solid object for theft coverage to be in effect.
20230513_140945.jpg

Also I wrote up something awhile back on cargo bike choices as I have built each type. I hate to do it but I need to sell a couple off.

Hello everyone,

I've been riding ebikes for almost 3 years. I had a Yuba Mundo cargo ebike and when my second daughter was born, I decided I needed a bit of help in the form of a cargo ebike. I also review ebikes (affordable ebikes in the $1-3k range) as a hobby and side gig (https://www.youtube.com/c/Top5ebikes). I'm here to get feedback/answers from others when I have questions and provide any feedback I have when others are asking questions so not here to promote my channel.

My current favorite ebikes are the Lectric XPedition, Aventon Pace 500.2, Aventon Aventure.2 and Ride1up Revv1.
Welcome to the forum, from SE Wisconsin!

I also review eBikes on the side, but so far nothing provided by a manufacturer. Seems they only want to help if they know the review will be good and don't want any bad things pointed out. ;) So I just review the bikes I buy and the reviews are unsponsored. They are usually shot in one take with no editing and usually don't have any riding. Therefore, limited appeal but high value, as viewers can trust what I say. YouTube channel: Jeremy D

My favorite so far is my Aventon Level.2. Great bike; pretty easy to go fast, but I wish I had bought a Pace 500.2 or .3 for the more upright riding position instead and added the rack and fenders myslef. One thing I've learned is that "commuter bike" = decent amount of forward lean. Do typical commuters really like that heads-down posture? Maybe just the young urban hipsters. I feel like heads-up and having better peripheral vision for traffic would be more valuable to a commuter... :unsure:

I have a Lectric XP Lite, and I like that bike; I'm considering adding an eMoped at some point. Revv1 was at the top of my list, but doesn't seem to have any provisions for a rack; just that compartment in the middle of the frame. Too bad, as it is perfect, otherwise.

As for posting here, you should participate and try to help others too, because if you just post links to your ad-enabled videos, it's spamming.

Enjoy your stay.

Hello everyone,

I didn't see a review of the XPedition on your YouTube channel. Do you plan to release one?

Back